Chapter 8: Jack And Jill Went Down To Jail

Section 1: Ally(10:00 P.M)
Everyone met in Drew's backyard and honestly everything was extremely tense. It was pitch black outside so we all had flashlights to keep ourselves visible.

Drew had said, "Okay, I think I know what those initials are."

Bri replied, "Who do you think it is?"

Then Drew replied, "Jack. Christian's brother."

Everyone gasped and immediately hit their heads.

I asked, "Wait, what Jack? Why don't I remember him?"

Everyone became silent and I asked them the same question again.

They all said at once, "You and him kissed. Then he went a little too far, and you were scared. He got out of the trouble because he payed off the fines. But we didn't want to bring him up to you again."

Then Liam said, "We can't avoid the truth anymore guys."

I stopped talking and just listened.

Drew said, "Jack was mentally... disturbed. His father beat him and he never really recovered from it."

I said in a squeaky voice, "Why, why didn't you guys tell me? It would have helped a ton if you guys just told me the truth."

I stomped inside the house before they could say a word and ran into the kitchen. I took out my bag of coke and took about two lines of it. I was so upset that I didn't even go back out for a while, or at least until I heard police sirens fill my ears.

Section 2: Liam(10:27 P.M)
I was sitting on the lawn chair in the corner of the backyard watching the police cars pull into Drew's driveway.

A police officer stepped out of the car and said, "Drew Marrion and Bri Hempher, put your hands where I can see them."

After Drew and Bri had their hands over their heads, I saw Christian storm out of the back of a police car and he said, "Those are them, Drew and Bri. The ones that killed my girlfriend."

I was stunned and I stepped back into the corner and covered my mouth so they wouldn't see my lip quiver.

Drew and Bri both backed up and asked Christian, "Christian, what is this about?"

Suddenly Christian replied, "You guys know what this is about. The truth was going to come out eventually."

Then he walked over to Bri and whispered, "And nothing is over, this game isn't over just yet."

Bri started to cry and Drew went to hug her but the police officer screamed, "Don't you dare touch her."

Drew pulled back and shook in fear.

The police officers walked over to Bri and Drew and cuffed them. The police officers pulled Bri and Drew away leaving me and Ally alone in the backyard.

Ally screamed and said, "Liam get in the car. We are going to bail our friends out."

I followed her into the car but realized that the car battery died when the car hadn't even started.

Ally shouted, "Damn it! Liam, get your running shoes on."

I did as she asked and we both ran to the police station.

Section 3: Bri(10:45 P.M)
The police threw me into the back of their car while I just kept screaming. I was sweating from head to toe and I knew that what I had done was spelled out to the police.

It was like I was getting pulled away from everyone I loved, but In slow motion. Every second that I wished would go quick just slowed down the more I thought about it. Eventually, I just had to close my eyes and sleep the pain off.