chapter 2

The light almost blinded my eyes, it hurt my eyes. I blinked, the room I found myself smelled nice and cozy, the room was dark I could not see a single thing the only source of light was the lampstand on the table beside my bed. my head ach so much I could not remember what really  happened to me I felt half of my memories has been blocked out, "But for what reason"? I asked myself nothing was really making sense here, all I could remember was I was reading my novel near the fire and it was raining outside, nothing else..

I tried to stand up and figure out where I was but I was trapped, needles were digging so hard on my skin, It felt like someone was hurting me with the needles and soffocating my life, I could not breath I screamed so loud, within a second the door burst open it was then I realize I was in a hospital.

"Are you okay dear"? A nurse asked her voice was filled with concern and pity.

I could not talk, I tried to say a word but it came out as a whisper, someone was tormenting me but who? "it was as if the person could read my mind", it appered but I could not see him clearly,it was like a shadow in the dark. his dark red eyes shined brightly with the look on his face am sure he was enjoying my pains and fears.

The pain was getting worst, my body was swollen and red the nurse could not handle the situation she was frightened am sure she ran to call the doctor. I won't blame her if I was the one I would have run with out looking back, hot tears ran down my eyes the pains was unbearable I pleaded for my life, I beg the shadow desperately to stop the pain but it did not, I thought I would die and I was Happy to welcome death so my pains would be over.

immedately the doctor walked in the pain stopped and the shadow disappeared, I felt my body coming back to normal, my body felt peace and safe I closed my eyes tight I dont want to open them with the fear of the pains coming back.

"Are you okay"? the doctor asked.

I nodded my head I was too weak to speak.

"I don't think so, I saw her screaming, she was in pains, I mean her body was swollen she......", the nurse stunted, her voice was shaking, she was still shock.

"Calm down Alice, maybe you were not fully awake, don't you see she is fine and strong", the doc try to reason with her but the fear was still there in her eyes.

"But what am saying is the truth please believe me", Alice pleaded.

I wanted to tell the doctor she was saying the truth but a voice in my head stopped me from saying it.

"You can go now, I will stay with her, I know you must be tired that's why you we're seeing things", the doctor order.

"But......."

"it's enough, you can go now your scaring her", he spoke angrily.

she reluctantly went away feeling sad.

"Am sorry, hope we didn't bother you or make you feel uncomfortable?, the doctor asked, with a worried expression written on his face. his eyes were filled with sympathy and another emotion I can't explained.

"Its okay! am fine, she was only trying to defend herself", I assured him. I sat up I was feeling much better now.

"You're going to be all right". He leaned down and held a light in her right eye. "look up" he ordered.

I did and he said, "Uh-huh," then turned the light on her left eye.

The doctor was a young man in his twenties, he was handsome he has a chocolate brown hair the same with his eyes making him look more sexy. he sat down beside me I could see in his eyes he was not happy.

When he was done, He said,

"I'm Samuel Oliver", he broke the silent. "Can you tell me your name?"

"it's...." I stopped, a little bewildered, then took a deep breath and tried again. "My name is....." I looked up at the doctor, uncertain, frightened.

"It's...." Sweat beaded my forehead.

"That's all right", he said. "Don't be alarmed. A lapse of memory sometimes happens with a concision.

I could not believed what was happening to me, I closed my eyes trying  very hard to remember, but it was blank. A voice spoke inside my head "You are Kathryn Kent".

"I'm Kathryn Kent", I spoke immediately, it felt awkward, never done these before, l sighed.

"Nice to meet you,"

"My pleasure", I responded back.

”Kathryn do you have any parent or relative,"? Samuel asked, "he don't know why he felt something is really wrong with her but it was not his problem to think of, he has a lot on his head to worry about".

I was shocked, I could not remember if I've any family, I closed my eyes trying to remember anything but my mind was blank or did my family abandoned me and left me all alone, but I feel like if someone has stab my heart at the mention of family.

"Is okay if you don't want to say anything, I understand", he held her hand, it was cold and soft he could  see the fear in her eyes it seems she was confused".

"I don't have a family, am alone", she could not recognized her own voice again, everything about her feel strange.

"Am sorry if I brought up bad memory", he quickly apologized.

"What happen to me, why was I brought here"?

"I was about to ask you that", he replied, he was shocked to hear that from her, he could not understand her strange behavior".

"But I don't know", she was frustrated and depressed she could not remember anything that's so annoying.

"You we're brought here and you were seriously hurt, I thought you would die but it was a miracle you survived",

"All these don't make sense, I can't remember anything",

"Please calm down your freaking out, we can discuss this later, you need to rest now", he tried to calm her but he could see his word won't help, he has no choice to inject her sleeping pills hoping she would be okay.

please comment. it would be highly appreciated. hope you enjoy it, feedback is allowed.