Run Away

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter, characters, spells, etc.

****

Harry aparated to Godric's Hollow and ran into nearby woods. He was running away from his fears. Or at least he thought he was. Tears formed in his eyes and fell as he ran faster. He found a stump of a tree in an open area and sat down on it. Harry completely broke into tears and covered his face. Ginny found him and saw him crying on the tree stump. Dumbledore walked up next to her and looked at Harry.

"Poor Harry," Dumbledore said. "Have you come up with your decision, Ginny?"
"Dumbledore, I want to return to Harry! I can't see him like this anymore!" Ginny replied.
"Why is that?" Dumbledore asked.
"It's because I love him," Ginny simply answered.
"You don't know why he loves you though," Dumbledore denied.

Ginny looked at Harry and back at Dumbledore. Yea, she thought, Why does he love me? I'm just his best friend's little sister only to make things more awkward between the two.

"Do you remember how you came back to life?" Dumbledore asked.
"No," Ginny sighed.
"Touch your heart," Dumbledore ordered.

Ginny took a quick glance at Dumbledore and slowly, she moved her hand over to her heart and felt a tiny spot of wetness on her shirt. After all this time, it was still wet and on her. It came off on her finger and she smelled it. It had no scent. Water? Then she put it in her mouth. It was a bit salty.

"What is this?" she asked looking down at her shirt.
"It's a tear drop," Dumbledore replied. "Can you guess from who?"
"Harry," Ginny answered.
"This is the tear drop that saved your life," Dumbledore explained again. "It was filled with love. Love saves lives."

Harry left the rock and before Dumbledore and Ginny knew it, it was night time. Ginny watched Harry fall asleep and looked around his room. Dumbledore took a look at his guitar. They took a seat on his bed and talked.

****

Harry awoke the next morning and dressed for work. He took a look at his guitar and brought it with him to work. Harry had an important meeting with his boss. He, and several other Aurors - not including Ron - were chosen to go to this meeting where American Aurors would choose one of them to go to America on a ten-year mission. The mission was dangerous. No one - not even family - would know the chosen Auror's location. They could die. In fact, there was a seventy-five percent chance that the Auror chosen would die. Ginny and Dumbledore followed Harry.

The first thing that he did when he left his home, is go and visit Ginny. He walked into her room with tear-filled eyes and held her hand. He briefly told her about the meeting and then left her. Then he gasped as he checked his watch. Harry aparated and entered his office, he set down his guitar and raced over towards the meeting room. Harry opened the door and walked in. He was a bit late.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "I had...a family issue."
"Family?" his boss asked.
"Are you crying?" the American Auror head asked.

Harry nervously scanned his eyes around the small room and saw his fellow Aurors.

"Um...well...I wouldn't say family," Harry stuttered. "She's my girlfriend and in St. Mungos. She's in a coma."
"I'm sorry for you, son. Who are you?" the American Auror inquired. "My name is Henry Patterson."
"Oh...nice to meet you Mr. Patterson. I'm Harry...Harry Potter," he replied.
"Oh my gosh!" Henry gasped. "I can't believe it! Nice to see you Harry! You can call me Henry."

Harry nodded and took a seat. The conversation began and then Harry's boss allowed each of them to introduce themselves to Henry. Obviously, Henry was quite impressed with Harry and wanted to choose him. Each of the chosen Aurors were told to leave while Henry made his choice.