Battlefield

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter, characters, spells, etc.

****

A day before Harry left for his trip, he went to visit Ginny again. He sat down on the stool next to her. Still, Ginny was in a life and death situation. Her out-of-body person was still watching Harry. He interlocked hands and looked at her.

"Ginny...I was just offered an undeniable job in America for ten years," Harry said. "I don't know if you'll be awake by then, but if you fall asleep for eternity, I guess...this is...goodbye."
"Bye Harry...," Ginny sadly sighed.

He stood up and leaned over towards Ginny. Then he kissed her on the lips. He stepped back and looked at her. She was sleeping so peacefully.

"I love you Gin," he smiled.

Then he parted from her and left St. Mungo. Ginny began to feel herself grow extremely tired. What was happening?, Ginny asked herself. A few minutes later, her ghostly figure began to disappear slowly. Within ten minutes, she could barely be seen. Dumbledore returned to her to tell her a few last words.

"Ginny, you've found your strength to return to life!" Dumbledore explained. "It'll be a long return - maybe a year or two - but you're going to live!"
"Thank you Dumbledore!" Ginny grinned. "Goodbye."

Then she left and returned to her body.

****

Two months later, Harry was with Henry in a wizarding part of America. The rebels would be coming to take over the wizarding capital. The part of the wizarding world they were in was the closet to the capital. If they loose this battle, they would loose America. Harry was at a bar and saw an old man at the other end. The man told him to go closer to him. Harry took a seat next to him and Henry stood silently behind at a table. Something wasn't right. The tension grew and Harry began to realize that something was about to happen.

"Are you here to protect America?" the man asked.
"Um...no," Harry lied. "I'm here visiting my cousin, Dudley."
"Where does Dudley live?" the man inquired.
"Maine," Harry fibbed. "Portland, Maine."

Harry said that without thinking. They were in New York. Somewhat close to Maine, but not really. He just said that because he's heard of that city a lot recently. The man continued to drink his whiskey and Harry saw Henry in the reflection of a mirror. He turned around to walk up to Henry. The old man didn't do anything, though. Harry navigated his way through the crowded tables and was just about to reach Henry when he felt a sudden jolt of pain from his side. Everyone froze. Harry felt his entire side become wet.

"Harry...don't move," Henry said, then looked at the attacker. "Stupefy!"

The man who attacked Harry was knocked out. Another battle began. The other American Aurors joined in on the battle as Henry ran up to Harry.

"Don't move!" Henry ordered. "We're going to aparate back to headquarters and we're going to get help."

Harry began to fall as they aparated. Quickly, his eyes sight grew blurry and he collapsed onto the floor of headquarters. Henry called the nearby Aurors and they tended to Harry.

****

Hermione, Ron, Percy, Charlie, Fleur, Mr., and Mrs. Weasley walked into Ginny's room on their weekly visit. They watched over her as they just saw Harry leave. The flowers Harry gave her sat nicely in the vase next to her bed. Mrs. Weasley, with water-filled eyes, held hands with her daughter. Mr. Weasley sat next to his wife. Charlie leaned against the wall and looked down at his little sister. Hermione and Ron glanced at Ginny and comforted each other. They cried on each other's shoulders. Percy stood at the foot of her bed. Fleur sat on a chair in the corner thinking about Ginny. Fred was broken down in tears; he had a soft spot for her. Suddenly, the doctor rushed into the room with sweat dripping down his forehead. Everyones' eyes were on him.