Chapter 7 - Surprises

I don't know what I had really expected, I knew that he didn't love me anymore, he had told me so himself. But as I looked at the bare cream-coloured walls it suddenly hit me that he really had moved on. I sighed and sat on the edge of his large bed, feeling like I had been punched in the stomach.

A picture on the nightstand caught my eye. It was the only picture in the room. It was a picture of me and Logan, it must have been taken last Christmas, we were looking at each other, unaware that a picture was being taken. I was smiling but Logan had a serious look on his face, he looked fierce, possessive even.

I sat there looking at the picture for what could have been hours. It gave me a chance to study Logan's face, his perfect eyes and sandy blond hair and unblemished skin. I wanted more than anything at that moment to hold him, to touch and kiss him and never let him go. So long. It had been so long and I had missed him so much.

Eventually, I put the picture back and went into my own room, climbed into bed and cried into my pillow until I fell asleep.

I was sitting on his bed. Across the room from me I could see the pond, hear the trickle of the water through the open window, and feel the cool summer breeze blowing my hair back softly from my face. I hadn't heard him come into the room, but I knew he was behind me. I felt his gaze on me, studying me, before I felt his arms slide around me waist and draw me into him. I leaned back against his chest, felt his lips in my hair, his hand brushed over my hip. I turned around and tilted my face up to his...

I woke up; tangled in the bed sheets, sweat pouring off me. I could feel my heart hammering against my chest. Sitting up I rubbed my hands over my face, breathing hard. I remembered that day we spent together so vividly, I locked it away and buried it deeply inside myself so I always had something to remember of our time together. That was the last time everything had been...normal...between us. After that it had all gone downhill.