Chapter 1: Just Friends by the Jonas Brothers

What was the point in crying over this one? He treated me like shit and I never felt loved. His name was Jordan. He made me happy about twenty-five percent of the time and the other seventy-five percent of the time I just felt like I always did something to upset him. I was just done. So I ended it. 

"Kat, you okay?" My best friend Danielle asked. Danielle had been my best friend since forever. We grew up together and have always been there for each other. We know everything about each other. We were basically sisters. She knew when something was up.

"I'm fine. I just ended it with Jordan. It just wasn't going to work," I replied.

"I have been saying that from the day you started dating. You two were just complete opposites. And in your case opposites do not attract." 

I laughed. "I know."

"Do you wanna go shopping or get some ice cream to help get your mind off of it?"

"Nah, thanks though! I have a lot of homework, plus I think I am alright!"

******

I was walking home from school and I for once I felt absolutely relaxed. I loved that the relationsip ended so well, i still felt bad, but it wasn't a bad break-up. I also couldn't be more thankful to have a friend like Danielle. I don't see her much anymore, which I really hate. She is a dancer on the X factor so she is always busy performing or rehearsing, and not to mention she is dating one-fifth of the hottest boy band in the world right now: Liam Payne. I wish I could be that lucky. 

Danielle was lucky, but she never took anything for granted, which was one of the thigns i loved about her. She tried to keep me updated and what not as much as she possibly could, but sometimes it became hard. 

I had met Liam and the boys many times before. We weren't close friends but I was able to say that the boys knew my name and who I was. I love all of them. They are wonderful people, but I have always had some secret feelings for Niall. Nothing major, just a tiny little crush. 

Danielle is so lucky. Hopefully, one day I am as lucky as she is. Hopefully, I'm lucky to have a successful career and a loving boyfriend. But for now i jsut gotta keep moving with my life.

As my mind continued to wander, I continued to walk home. Once I reached my driveway I pulled out the key from my purse and unlocked the door. I live on my own so it's nice to come home to some peace and quiet. 

I set my purse down on the kitchen counter and walked to the cupboard to grab a glass for some water. As I took my first sip my cell phone began to buzz. I heard the Coldplay song "Viva la Vida" which was my ringtone. I looked at the caller ID and I read the words Danielle Peazer. I was curious as to why she was calling considering she just saw me. 

"Hey Dani. What's up?" I asked.

"Oh my god!" She squealed. "Liam just asked me to join him on tour when they go to the states!" 

"Dani!!! That awesome! Your going to have so much fun! Is Eleanor going to?"

"Yup! oh my gosh! I am so excited!"

"That is extremely exciting! I'm so jealous."

Danielle paused then said, "You might want to hang up, you may be getting a phonecall shortly."

I was confused. I replied, "What?"

She hung up.

Literally 30 seconds later, my "Viva La Vida" ringtone began playing. I checked the caller ID, it was Liam.  I wondered why he was calling, I was so confused.