Chapter 5: Let's Hang Out?

Heading upstairs with the cupcakes and sprinkles, I entered the very well known door of my childhood. "What took you so long?!?" Riles asked me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her that I was with her brother for a while. She always gets mad when I'm around her brother. I had always asked her why but, she never really told me. She ignores the question and changes the subject. Until this day, I still wonder why. "Back to earth Nora" Riles says while waving her hand in front of my face. I smiled and told her that I was struggling to get the sprinkles from the high shelf. She nodded and played Me Before You. It such a romantic tale, but sad about the outcome.
-----------------

The Next Day

I left Riles house before the nighttime came. I would of stayed over her house like I usually do, but I wanted to sleep in my own bed and just cuddle with my pillows. I was in need of staying in my own bed and just sleep. However, I couldn't sleep. All I can think of is Alec and the almost kiss that could of happened but didn't. Why was I over thinking this? He does not like me and he's probably into tall, slim and thick girls. What can I offer besides my heart? Wow that came out cheesy. I shivered. I am not much of a cheesy person but, the romantic gestures is something that would warm my heart. Anyways, back to Alec. Was he really going to kiss me or was I just imagining him leaning forward? I do space out a lot so I could of imaging him leaning forward. I made a loud frustration noise. He shouldn't be on my mind in the first place.
I got up from my bed and headed towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of blue jeans that are cut from the knees and a basic tee of a band. I paired it with slip on vans and did my makeup which consists of concealer and mascara. What? I wasn't going anywhere anyways. I was going to stay in bed but I know that I would just think the whole time so might as well get up. I headed downstairs and saw my little brother Max serving himself a bowl of cereal. I told him to serve me some but he just stuck his tung out. Well then. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bowl from the cabinet. I ate as I scrolled through instagram.
I received a message from Riles asking to hang out. I immediately said yes since I had nothing better to do and since its still summer, I had no plans whatsoever. I know, I am so lame. Now that I think about it, I should stayed at her house.
Before I left, I told my mom I was hanging with Riles today and she said okay but I had to come early for dinner. As I headed towards her house, I received a message four minutes ago saying that she had left to pick up some supplies from Micheal's and that she would be back shortly. I sighed and said okay. Since I practically live at her house, I let myself in. Her mother greeted me in a rush and said she had to go pick up her husband from the airport from his business trip. Riles dad was a business man that worked for this law firm and he has a lot of traveling to do since he's really good on what he does which is being a lawyer. It goes something along those lines. I honestly never got what Riles dad does, all I know he's a lawyer and that he travels a lot. I was heading to Riles room when I hear a sound coming from the other room. I turn and see Alec. My face was red on what I saw.
———————
hey guysssss, it's been a while since I made a chapter. Sorry! I just forgot but I am back and here's something for you guys! Hope you like it! Like and comment letting me know if I should keep going!