16 - Ice Cream & Hot Tubs

Chapter Theme: -none because I'm lazy-

*Troye*

I woke up in the exact position I fell asleep in. Pretty sure that's the first time it's ever happened. I guess it was just a really comfortable position. Using Tyler as a pillow was definitely nice and I slept through the rest of the night without a problem with him by my side. I turned to look at the clock that was hung on the wall. It was nearly eleven thirty in the morning. We'd almost slept half of the day away.

"Tilly, wake up." I began to poke his face in different places. "Tyleeeer! It's time to get up!"

"Mmph. Five minutes." Yeah right, he'd sleep a couple more hours if I didn't keep trying.

"Uh, no. You're getting up now. We're gonna make breakfast, I'm starving." He finally opened up his eyes. "Morning, gorgeous." He smiled and sat up.

"You should see yourself." I finger combed my hair the best I could without a mirror. "By the way, where is everyone?" I looked around and realized how quiet the house was.

"I have no idea. Now come on, let's go find food!" I leapt from the couch and started dragging Tyler along with me. There were several notes on the fridge, each one from a different group of people explaining where they'd gone. Tyler went through the cupboards while I counted up all the names mentioned in the notes and every single person was gone. Tyler and I were alone in the house, just like his dream.

"Everyone has gone somewhere. They stayed out of the living room so that they wouldn't wake us up." Tyler glanced at the notes over my shoulder and continued rummaging through the fridge.

"Well that was kind of them. How does waffles sound to you?" I made a face at the box of frozen waffles he had out.

"I mean, they sound okay. Do we have ice cream?" Tyler raised single a eyebrow at me.

"You want ice cream? That's it?"

"Well I was thinking we could eat it by the pool. Doesn't that kinda sound like fun? I have two pairs of swim trunks if you want to go swimming, but I know I want to!" Tyler stood there for a moment, thinking.

"We're completely alone?" I couldn't help but grin at him.

"Yeah, it's just us for at least..." I glanced at the note with the earliest estimated time of arrival. "No one will be back for about an hour and a half." I looked back at Tyler and saw the same stupid grin on his face that I had.

"Go change, I can swim in these shorts as long as you have clothes for me to change into afterwards. I'll look for ice cream, if we don't have any I'll just make a plate of fruit, okay?" I ran up upstairs to change and checked my phone for any messages while I was up there. I actually had a couple of texts from Zoe.

Zoe: Hope you're feeling better this morning, let me know if you need anything while we're out.

Zoe: thank me later. <3

The second message had a picture attached of me and Tyler asleep on the couch. We're so adorable together. This date needed to happen soon so that I could tell him everything. Sure, I could tell him whenever I wanted to, but I have it all planned out already. I feel like we're kind of in the middle of the 'talking' phase and actually being a couple. It's really complicated.

I saved the picture to my phone and continued getting ready.

*Tyler*

I dug through the freezer and found a half gallon of vanilla ice cream. Now, should I make two separate bowls or one bowl by itself? I grabbed one medium sized bowl from the cabinet and set it on the counter beside the ice cream. I was a bit hungry for more than just ice cream so I opened the fridge back up to browse the fruit selection. Strawberries, kiwi, and raspberries sounded amazing, I grabbed all three and set them down. I cut up half of a kiwi and arranged the fruits on one side of the bowl and filled the other half with ice cream.