iv. welcome to narnia

"They say we are what we are,

But we don't have to be,

I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way."

----

"Clary, Addy, come on," Simon urged desperately, "we've got to go."

Clary sighed before taking Simon's hand, Adelyn taking a step back from the duo as her older sister admitted, "Simon, I think that Jace can help us."

"What?"

"Come on," Adelyn urged as she saw Jace moving towards the door, Clary took Simon's hand and they all followed the blonde male Shadowhunter several paces ahead.

"How do we know that this Mick Jagger  looking guy is even gonna try-," Simon began earning a chuckle from Adelyn at his nickname for Jace before being cut off by the said male.

"-mundane, we do not have the time."

"Come on, Simon," Clary urged again as they headed up the stairs to the institute which currently looked like a rather creepy, gothic, and very abandoned church, "let's go."

When they entered Jace began to draw a drive upon his arm, gasping slightly in pain as it burnt at his skin; Simon looked at him as if he had grown another head as Clary reassured, "I know. Trust me."

Adelyn supposed that if she saw her best friends dressed like hookers at an abandoned church with a guy who optionally burnt symbols into himself then she would think that they had a Meth dealer too.

"He's like," Simon muttered, "burning himself."

Jace then grabbed Simon's arm, holding his hand and making the brown haired Indie-Rock singer panic, "buddy what's going on, man?" He tried to wrench his hand from Jace's grip but he was holding far too tight, "I'm not your type, man..."

"I don't know Simon," Adelyn mused with a smirk, "I think I ship it, the clueless mundane and the warrior shadowhunters. Ohhh... it's Siace!"

"Shut it, Addy."

It was then that the room began to repair itself in Simon's view, he recoiled, staring in amazement as a magnificent hallway was repaired.

"Welcome, Simon," Adelyn told him dramatically, "to Narnia."

"We're not even in a wardrobe," Jace stated with a roll of his eyes.

"Church, wardrobe, same thing."

"It's not."

"It so is."

"Where are we?" Simon stammered out as the abandoned church because the grand institute that Clary, Jace and Adelyn knew it to be, "what the hell? Guys is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"Well, duh," Adelyn began, "in Narnia the Snow Queen, or the White Witch, starts a hundred year winter and then has war against-,"

"-there is now," Jace interrupted, beginning to walk forwards.

"And I think our mother is at the centre of it."

Adelyn walked forwards with a smirk, heading over to Jace with Clary following her as Jace called back to Simon, "you coming?"

Evidently still in shock Simon nodded, "yeah," and walked forwards to join them.

"What is this place?" Simon inquired as they all strolled through it's hallways, "there's a lot of gear in here, what did they do, rob a tech shop?"