v. the jedi avox's exalibur

"There's a room where the light won't find you,
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down,
When they do, I'll be right behind you."

~•~•~•~

They all piled out of the van from where they had been squished into a clearing, fires lit all around and trees surrounding the isolated area.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy," Simon commented sarcastically, looking around.

"Not at all," Adelyn joined in with a half smile, unsure about what was to come.

Isabelle scoffed, directing her words at Simon as she said, "don't tell me you're afraid."

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."

Adelyn let loose a chuckle at his words as she locked eyes with Alec for a moment before he tore his eyes from her, moving forwards and saying, "let's check it out."

"Wait here a minute," Jace urged of Clary as she started to walk forwards, "I want to see if it's safe."

Rolling her eyes at his words Adelyn continued on strolling past them, heading towards where Alec and Isabelle had stopped; Simon and Clary being left behind.

She ended up almost next to Alec but he swiftly moved away from her, going to talk to Jace in a low, warning tone. Sighing she carried onto Isabelle, standing beside her as she looked about the area.

Isabelle glanced back up at her, offering her a small smile, "he's worried about you."

"I know," Adelyn stated, a small frown playing upon her lips as she watched Alec glance their way before looking back to Jace, "but I need to help get my mother back, I didn't succeed in protecting her then; but I need to protect her now."

"I know you're trying to protect Clary as well as help your mum," Isabelle stated, looking upon Adelyn with understanding, "but sometimes you need to look after yourself too."

Adelyn snorted, "if I was going to look after myself then I would have gone for Dot's Damon Salvatore merch."

Isabelle let loose a laugh as she glanced back at Adelyn, "you can call me Izzy, and I think that Alec has chosen well."

"I don't really have a nickname, though Simon calls me Addy, and I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"You should," Izzy told her with a smile.

Adelyn looked behind to see Alec, Jace, Clary and Simon all beginning to catch up, clearly having said the coast is clear for them; and they all headed forwards towards a small clearing within the near distance.

"You have to understand that the Silent Brothers aren't like us," Jace informed them as Clary and Adelyn walked nearby; Alec setting as much distance between him and them as possible whilst Simon attempted to do the opposite.

Adelyn turned to him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk, "why? Do they lack your charm and oh so superior people skills?"

"Yeah," Jace answered, looking towards her with a smirk of his own, "most people do. Brothers communicate without using words, just their thoughts."

"So they're-,"

"Nothing that you're about to say, I'm sure," Jace cut off Adelyn causing the girl to jokingly pout as they continued on walking.

"That doesn't sound so bad," Clary decided.

"Don't let their silence fool you," he warned them, his voice turning spooky and mysterious causing Adelyn to chuckle slightly, "they will hold the Soul-Sword above your head, and with it's blade, carve out the truth from your mind.