Idiot

Winter's POV 

Winter sat in Dune's study hall waiting for the bell to ring. He glanced at Icicle sitting beside him, chatting with a friend whenever Dune wasn't looking, and then opening their textbooks and pretending to read when he was. While Winter waited to be dismissed, his mind began to wander. Especially to a certain someone, he did not want to think about. But he did.

He remembered seeing her this morning during Science. While they didn't do another "Tell me about yourself," he still got to know more about her. They had started a unit on photosynthesis and cellular respiration. All of it went in one ear and out the other with Winter, but Moon caught on pretty fast. The pair decided to make a poster for the required presentation they had to give in a few days, so Moon took it home with her to work on it some more.

His thoughts were disrupted by the school bell reverberating through the whole school. Everyone was instantly up on their feet and pushing and shoving to be the first out the door, including Winter. He tripped on his way out and landed face first on the floor outside the classroom door, people giving him strange looks as they parted around him. A stifled laugh made him whip his head up. He was greeted with the emerald green eyes of a girl, who looked like she was trying to contain her giggles.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "This is not funny, Moon," Winter snapped. She kept laughing.

"It's a little funny. You have to admit that. Ya know. Cause first it was me on the floor, and now your on the floor, and then-" She stopped short when she saw the way Winter was looking at her. "Oh, sorry." Moon reached out a hand and Winter grudgingly accepted. He brushed off his pants and gave Moon another glare, but he couldn't hold it for long.

"Um... thank you," he said, nervously rubbing his neck.

"No problem. I wanted to ask you..." she faltered, the look on her face saying she didn't know whether or not to ask, so she tried again. "I was wondering when you were planning to volunteer at the shelter again." She seemed hopeful by the tone of her voice.

Winter had to put her down. "No time soon. I've been, uh, really busy," he lied.

Moon's face was a bit crestfallen, but you could tell she was trying to hide it. "Oh, okay. I was just wondering is all." Taking one more look at her face, he couldn't help but give in.

"But I might be able to clear up sometime this weekend or something," he said in a rush. Great job Winter. So much for avoiding her, Winter thought, but couldn't really pretend to feel glum for long. He was hanging out with Moon, and deep down, that was really what he wanted to do.

"That sounds great. If you don't mind, I would like to join you," Moon said, obviously a bit more cheerful.

This is your chance Winter! Say no! Say no! Say- "Sure." Idiot! Moon gave a small smile.

"Great! Nice seeing you Winter!" She walked off into the halls.

"You too!" He called after her. As much as he didn't want too, he was looking forward to this weekend. 

Author's Note 

Yah, yah. I know it's short, but I just felt like it came to a natural end is all. And if you don't think so, let's agree to disagree. I haven't done Winter in a while, so it was a nice change. I'll probably do Kinkajou next, then Turtle. By the way, comment and vote if you enjoyed; it means a whole lot to me!