1

Mark uncomfortably sat down in the waiting room. It was his first thearpy session. He's never even thought about going till recently after his abusive relationship. His girlfriend, Shela, had been abusive, mentally and physically towards him. "Mark Fishbach?" A lady called opening a door and another women leaving the room. She had tree brown hair that drapped over her shoulders and a nice black and white striped sweater and black leggings. Her hair covered her eyes enough so no one could see them and she hugged her arms in a way. (Now first person) I got up and walked into the room. "Have a seat Mark. If you want to be called that." I nodded in reply. I sat down on a nice brown leather couch. Oh and by the way. I'm mute. I'm an optional mute due to trama. The therapist lady told me her name, which was Ms.Ella, and she asked me why I am mute and I write her.

I don't know.

She asked me then why would I be mute for no reason.

Because.

She kept asking me the repeated question. Why? Why be mute if you don't know?

You aren't me.

She shut up and stared at me. It soon became silent. I could here the tapping of others outside and the slow breaths of Ms.Ella. She seemed impatient. "Do you ever have trouble communicating through writing" I think she gave up on why. I nodded. "What if I hired someone to translate for you." I remembered the last time I hired someone to be a translator. They weren't the best type of people. They didn't understand me or my personality. They would always criticize me for what I said and twist my words around. I thought for a moment. "Mark?" Ms.Ella asked again. I wrote down an answer.

I guess.

She nodded writing something down on her clipboard. "Okay Mark! Times up." She stood up and I followed her process. She walked me to the door and opened it. "See you next week!" She yelled and waved to me. A man with short curly hair and gym shorts and a t-shirt was in the waiting room. They were tall and beefy. I walked out and into my car. I wasn't sure if I was ready for another person in my life. Another random person. Another person that could break my heart. Another lover.