3

I closed the trunk of the car after I put Jack's clothes away. He was quiet but I could tell he was greatfull.

"Thank you" he mumbled a little. I nodded and went into the drivers seat and him in the passenger.

I never liked listening to the radio so I kept it silent.

He leaned his head against his fist and sighed a little.

I looked at him. I analyzed him. His skin was porcelain like and his eyes were like lighting pounding and thunder roaring in the early hours.

His movements were still and his fingers were fidgety.

His face gave no emotion but his eyes would tell it all.

I could feel the tension between us.

It's silent like he's gonna say something but never does.

I could hear his breathing and the soft patters of rain that was barely coming down by now.

His breathing was slow and steady.

Like he was waiting.

Waiting for something to happen.

But what...?

I could sense he was thinking about something.

The air grew thicker and more tense the before. So tense I almost choked.

His breaths would soon slow down as time went on and I soon realise he had fallen asleep.

I wasn't used to having someone next to me. I haven't had one for at least a year.

It was awkward and weird. Like I couldn't find things to write. I couldn't scramble words together and call them a sentence.

It was never like that with my other translator.

Gracie...

I wrote things I thought would please her.

Same thing with Shelia.

They never wanted to see what I'd say. Only something they wanted to hear.

I pulled up to my house. It wasn't to big but wasn't to small.

It had my room, three bathrooms, a guest room a kitchen a living room. It was ordinary.

The house was red faded brick. The lawn was plain and boring. I didn't bother doing it and adding flowers. I mow the lawn and that's about it.

I never took the time to make it my own.

The door was a melted snow kind of white. With a gold handle on it. It stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the house.

There was a window in my room, the kitchen and the guest room.

I didn't want to wake Jack up so I got out of the car and unlocked the door.

I went back to the car and picked up Jack and carried him bridal style.

He was light so it wasn't to hard.

I got to the guest bedroom.

It was bland and boring. The walls were a plain beige and the bed cover was white. Nothing stuck out.

I went back and got Jack's stuff from the car. It was a backpack and suite case. Nothing more nothing less.

I placed it in the guest room. I knew he was gonna sleep for a couple hours at least.

I glanced at the clock

7:35

Really? Time really does fly.

I cooked dinner given that he probably hasn't had something cooked in a while.

My famous dumplings. It was exactly how my mother made them.

I made then and ate a bowl.

I made one for Jack. I wrote a note.

I made dumplings! Heat them up for 1:35! Goodnight!

I groaned as I was unbelievably tired.

I slipped in to bed not bothering to take my clothes off again and fell asleep with my glasses still stuck to my face.

What a day...