Chapter 1

Monday morning.Here at our usual spot at lunch with Caleb,Christian,Kyle and Derek.
I am currently munching on my double cheeseburger while Derek is bragging about his new girl he met at the Halloween party that Kaye throwed last Friday night.
"Man she's totally cute." Derek argued
"Oh really?" Kyle shot him a stern look.
Well because Derek is definitely talking about Kyle's cousin,Becca
"Not the cutie cute that you treat as a younger sibling but the cute like she seems so innocent and it's like I want to take care of her always."
He said and took a sip in his soda with a wide smile plastered on his face and continued "You know... get and take her home, treat her lunch, be with her all the time. You get what I mean?"
"Whatever you're making me feel nauseous." I said and he gave me the dont mess with me look. I raised both of my hands as surrendered and the guy laughed.
I never imagined Derek feeling like this. All throughout our high school years he never acted like that. No one ever acted like that aside from Christian who had a serious girlfriend when we were in the 10th grade and after a year and a few months, until today they're staying strong.
We didn't notice the time until the bell rang and we immediately shifted in our seats and made our way back to classrooms.
***
Fidgeting on my pen, I started at the clock behind Mrs.Augusta blabbing about the code of ethics. 6 minutes to dismissal, I texted Mia, my long time best friend, to meet me at the cafe behind our school.
"I'll be there in 10 mins" she replied. I put back my phone in my pocket and started arranging my things.
***
After I ordered our drinks, Mia started continuing her story about her brother being a pain in the ass.
"Anyway, I forgot to give you these when we met last week." She handed me a couple of envelopes with my friends' name and mine at the back at each.
"What are these?"
"It's Anna's birthday on Saturday. Y'all better go."
"We have basketball practice"
"Duh your basketball practice is only until 8. The party starts at 10."
"I'll think about it" I winked.