The New Tenant

This is crazy, Kye thought to himself. There was just no way his dad's credit card can cover up all the bills and his food.

"Fuck it". He slammed his head on the counter.

The person who rented the guest room just went barging out the door mumbling how the place reeked of alcohol and that it was like a convention hall hosting parties almost every night.

He's dead ground meat when this goes out of hand. Well when it goes more out of hand since it already is.

A knock on the door made his head shoot up. Who was he expecting? It was 10 in he evening and well, he told people not to disturb him. He didn't want anyone to see he was cleaning up after his party. What was he to do? Maria was not there. She was the one who cleans up after his mess.

There was a knock again. This time it was louder and you could see someone rolling their eyes from the other side of the door.

"What?", Kye said obviously annoyed at whoever was trying to wreck his night already wrecked. He raised an eyebrow to the one  who was standing on his doorway. She had a guitar slung on her back.

"Uhm i saw this sign outside and I would be hoping it weren't some kind of prank because i needed a place to stay and i don't want anybody wasting my time". She was wearing a button down polo and skinny jeans with black converse highcuts.

Kye stops for a second and slowly peeks inside the house which was still a mess from last night's party. When he turns his head back, the lady was staring at him with annoyance in her face.

"So?"

"Uhh the place is still a little a mess b-but i'll-"

" Damn it it's  like almost midnight, are you gonna let me occupy the room or not?"

"Chill sister",Kye looks at her from head to toe the  opens the door. "Come on in"

And he was right. The house was almost declared a national calamity victim. Plastic cups, toilet paper, beer bottles. There might even be Jennifer's body under the coffee table.

"So when do we discuss the pay?". Kye clasps his hand together and his doomed face has lit up.

"Tomorrow jackass". And his new client walks up the stairs but then stops midway to say, "Uhh Mr. Landlord, can you help me with my things?"

"Really, what do you put in these bags?", Kye lies on the floor exaggerating that her bag had elephants in it.

"They're just instruments and clothes", she raises her eyebrows. "Thank you and get out of my room now"

She was almost shoving him away from the room and closed the door in his face.

Feisty woman, he thought. But this was better than nobody renting. It has been a month now and his mon is probably relaxing in a resort in Cannes. The thought makes him gnaw his knuckles.

His parents have cooperative shares in banks and other businesses that's why they are out of town most of the time. So this basically leads to a rich kid hero.

Kye Flynn is 20 years old, jobless and is currently having no plans to go to college. He says it ruins his head. He has brown eyes and brown hair and not to mention, the toned bod. He has short Andrew Garfield in Spiderman hair and a piercing in one ear that may or may not make him look like he was a druglord.

Morning.

Red was up. She was going through the kitchen for what she wants to call as breakfast. But  all that were in the cupboards were more plastic cups and.. and a boxer.

Holy pancakes.

"Yoh landlord?", she slightly yells while knocking on his door. She's been knocking like this for a full thirty minutes or more and there was no answer.

Red turns then knob to find out it was open like it has always been. Then he sees Kye facing down his bed and snoring in polytones.

This might be he weirdest thing she has ever heard and she knew the other polytones come from the liquid that's currently flowing down his pillow.

"Okay, i'll wait for you to freshen up". She says softly changing her mind.

Lesson one, never barge into a guy's room.

On her way downstairs she couldn't  help but fell grossed out by the nature of what she calls temporary home. So she dials the cleaners.