Chapter 2

Draco's POV

The thought of keeping my relationship with Hermione to my parents seemed to be glued on my mind even after dinner. I couldn't stop thinking about how I'm going to tell my parents about this. I am desperate to tell them but I dont know how. I'm scared of how they'll react. I know my father won't accept this lightly because of his hatred on Harry Potter's friends and of course on Hermione's blood status. I don't know why father still values that stupid blood status thing when now, the war is over, the Dark Lord is gone and everyone is starting to change into a new leaf. I love Hermione and it's all that matters. I won't anymore be the coward Draco Malfoy as I used to be. I will pack up the courage to tell my parents about our relationship and that's it.

A sudden knock on the door disturbed my thoughts again. The door gently swung open and I saw my mother standing from behind it.

''Did I disturb you, Draco?" she said as she made her way inside the room.

''No, mother.'' I answered.

She sat down at the foot of my dark green bed and gently placed her right hand over my shoulder as I sat on the couch near the bed.

''Draco, I know there's something bothering you. You can tell me anything.'' she said softly.

My mother's words made my heart beat faster and faster. How could she know? Can she read my mind? I'm not ready to tell her. No. Wait I'm ready but.. In the name of Salazar Slytherin---

''I know there's something really bothering you, son, the way you acted during dinner. I want you to tell me what it is. Maybe I can help?'' there was a concerned tone on her voice and it was clear that she didn't really know what it was I was hiding and that she really wanted to know.

I felt a lump on my throat and my heart was beating fast. I have to tell her, she's my mother. I know she'll understand my feelings. I know she's not as cruel as my father. I know her reaction will be way different than my father's reaction.

I let out a heavy sigh and looked at her. ''Well..'' I started to speak. ''I'm in a relationship with someone, mother.''

A small smile was shown on her face. ''Is that it, Draco? So who's this lucky girl?''

''Uhm..''

She looked interested as ever as she waited for my answer.

''Hermione Granger.''

The curve on her lips turned straight. Both her hands were now place on my lap and she spoke.

''I know when you're father hears about this, he'll definetely not be happy?''

I nodded.

''But Draco, if this is what makes you happy then I'll support you and I'll be happy for both of you.'' she said and the smile on her face was back again.

''Thank you, mother.'' I answered.

I was so relieved of my mother's reaction. She didn't got mad, she didn't walk away or reacted really bad, instead, she accepted it lightly. I knew my mother would understand.

''I'd like to get-to-know and talk to her, Draco. If it's okay.'' my mother said. I was even more happy when she said this.

 ''Sure, mother.'' I said although I wasn't sure. And then the thought of father suddenly popped in my head. ''But what about father?''

''I'll tell him when the right time comes, Draco, but not now. He'll not take this easily, I'm sure, but for now, it's me who'll only know.

Both I and my mother smiled. She stood up and kissed my forehead and went out of my room.

I felt so relieved that somehow a feeling of guilt in my heart was gone and that I finally had the courage to tell at least one of my parents. The smile on my face didn't fade as I remember once more what happened earlier. I have to tell Hermione about this. I know she'll be happy as well.

----

Updating soon! Don't worry :) :3