Chapter 3: The Reunion!!!

Sharmishtha Bose, a lady in her late 50s, was the kind of woman every child wishes to have. Hearing about the arrival of her son Sanskar, she was overjoyed and was running around the whole mansion to make preparations for his welcome and when she saw him, a gush of happiness passed through her. She couldn't control her excitement. She hugged him tightly and told how much she missed him. She was very careful not to talk about his parents as Swara had already warned her about his breakdown and his state back in the office.

Sanskar couldn't be happier than he was now. He got his Shomi Ma and his long-lost dear friend. He was about to ask about Shekhar, Swara's father, but his picture hanging on the wall with a garland around it cleared his doubts. He came to know that Shekhar died due to a heart attack 5 years back and Swara and Sanskar shifted to Kolkata, Shomi's hometown 2 years back to start afresh. While telling him this, Swara couldn't control her emotions and she broke down badly in Sanskar's arms. She was her Papa's Princess and when he left this world, she not only lost her father but also her King, her mentor, her guide and her support. And then she came to know about the death of her Sujata Ma and Ram Papa, her second family. She was feeling a hell lot of emotions within her and when she couldn't control them, she let them out and Sanskar, being her best friend, consoled her by hugging her. Even he let out a few sobs. No one could understand the feeling of losing someone close better than him. After all, he lost both his parents in the blink of an eye at the mere age of 10. And now, he again got a family after 15 years and in no way was he going to let anyone snatch it from him.
_______________________________________

A week later,
Sanskar's life had taken a 360-degree turn since last week. He and Swara bought Uttara to Kolkata and she was overjoyed seeing her Shona di and Shomi Ma. But as she wanted to pursue her Masters in English Literature, she went to Mumbai and Sanskar got her admitted there with the advance payment he got from Bose Industries and Co. In no way was he going to take Swara's monetary help even when she offered him a thousand times. He felt that if he took Swara's help, then he will be using their pious friendship, which was against his norms. In the end, Swara had to agree with him. Uttara had topped in the entrance exam and both Swara and Sanskar were proud of her. Sanskar was flawless and perfect at office and Swara was always there beside him to help him out. Late night chats, seeing old albums together and laughing while reminiscing their childhood and ice cream parties became their daily routine and this did nothing but strengthened their friendship more than ever. Well to be precise, their bond was not just of friendship, it was something even they couldn't realise, the feeling that a common man would define as love. But do the people in love realise it? No. As they say- If you realise your feelings early, either you are immature or the feelings are not of love.

A few days later,
It was Holi- the festival of colours, the festival which brings even enemies together. And then Swara and Sanskar were long lost besties. How could they not celebrate Holi living in the same house? And then they had given a challenge to each other. The one who would apply the colour to the other first would win the challenge and other would have to take the first one to dinner. It was simple but a bet between these two crazy maniacs was no less than a war.

Sanskar's Room,
We can see a girl tiptoeing into the room. No guesses, it was Swara, Sanskar's Shona who had come there to do her naughtiness on his face. Seeing Sanskar sleeping peacefully, she smiled widely and moved towards him. She opened her fists which were hidden behind her back and revealed a brush and black and red oil colours. She sat on the floor in front of him and smiled mischievously. Opening the tube of oil colours, she dipped the brush in it and was going to make Sanskar's face the face of a joker when Sanskar suddenly held her hand with one hand and said with his eyes still closed,

Sanskar: (extra sweetly) Shona!! Arre meri pyaari Shona... You know that I know you from the last 20 years and that I can smell even your thoughts, then how come will I not know that you will play a trick on me on Holi morning. And this trick, I mean the one you used to do every year, that is, colouring my handsome face has become very old... So better luck next time... And yes, plan a new trick next time which I will not be able to guess... Theek hai na?

Swara: (biting her tongue) Sansku! Wo kya hai na ki...

And she was interrupted when Sanskar suddenly applied fistful colours on her cheeks which he was hiding in his other hand below the pillow and shouted,

Sanskar: Happy Holi, Shona!!! I thought why not backfire your plan and take the advantage of your plan... So here you are... And since I applied the colour to you first, I win the challenge. You owe me a dinner treat now.

Swara: Yes, yes... Why not Mr Sanskar Maheshwari! I owe you a dinner treat... (making faces) Now get up, Mom is calling you down... Spoiled my plan and now laughing... Huh... So inconsiderate of you, Sansku... Very bad. Now get up before I pour a bucket of water on you...

And she started going back towards the door when Sanskar stopped her.

Sanskar: Arre, meri Shona toh gussa ho gayi... Chalo no big deal... But at least apply colours to me too. I am waiting for you to apply colours to me...

No longer did he say that Swara ran towards the side table, picked 2 out of 4 plates filled with holi colours and in the blink of an eye, threw the colours on Sanskar. In a second, Sanskar was coloured from head to toe.

Swara: (lifting her imaginary collar) Ab samjhe Swara Bose se panga lena kitna bhari padta hai... (Did you understand the consequences of messing with Swara Bose)

Sanskar: Achcha bachchu! You wait here...

And with that began a war between them and the room was seen all coloured in different colours with the pillows and blanket lying everywhere. In short, the whole room was messed up while both of them continued their crazy war.

Precap: Swasan dinner and Leap...

_______________________________________

Author's note:
Hey guys!! How are you all doing? Thanks for the likes and comments in the previous chapter. I am back, I guess after 8 days... So sorry as I had guests at home and I didn't get time to update the chapter...
So did you all like the chapter? Do you think that I am rushing? And would you please like to give me some suggestions to improve my writing skills...
Special thanks to tashi786K2303 for her valuable suggestions...
If you liked this chapter, do vote and comment... Till then,
Happy Reading!!!