20. Animal Crackers

the weirdest prompt for my birthday one, omg -- so, naturally, i changed it (again)....

and i'm pretty obsessed with animal crackers right now (because apparently my sixteen-year-old self has decided to shed ten years), soooo. here ya go 😂🙈 it's a cute one!!

✨✨✨

"Rawr!" the lion shouts, his voice low and gruff as he moves closer to the seal. "I'm gonna eat you!"

"No, you're not!" the seal responds, his voice high-pitched with fear. He gives a nervous laugh. "We don't even live on the same... the same continent! You can't eat me!" He tries to scurry away.

"Oh, yes, I can," the lion protests. Caroline's hand reaches forward, pulling the seal out of her sister's fingers. She shoves both the lion and the seal in her mouth, a big smile on her face.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Helen pouts for a moment while Caroline happily eats her animal crackers. The younger girl then looks down at her paper towel, with a large handful of crackers still spread out on it. She grabs her tiger, then begins to torment one of Caroline's kangaroos in a deep voice.

Caroline laughs, grabbing ahold of one of the kangaroos. "You can't get me! I jump too high for you!"

"Oh, yeah?" The tiger jumps up into the air, snatching the kangaroo. Helen pops them both in her mouth, toothfully smiling as she chews on them.

"That's gross," Caroline tells her, looking back down at the rest of her snack.

"Girls, are you playing with your food again?" P.T. asks as he walks into the kitchen, shaking his head with a smile of disbelief.

"No," both girls say in unison, and then they burst into laughter. The ringmaster watches them fondly.

"I think you should have a koala in your circus, daddy," Helen says after she's recovered.

"Oh, really?" P.T. raises an eyebrow, leaning his elbows onto the counter across from his daughters.

"Yeah!" Caroline agrees. "There's a koala animal cracker, but you don't have one in your circus!"

P.T. laughs. "Honey, I don't think a koala would make a great circus animal. I hear they're pretty lazy. But" —he reaches towards Helen's paper towel and snatches an elephant— "these make fabulous circus animals." He pops it in his mouth, then begins to walk away.

"Hey!" Helen shouts in protest. "That was my elephant!"

P.T. just chuckles to himself, continuing to head on upstairs.