Chapter Two: Royal Ball

Augustus was ordered to cover up the murder of Alexander, so he left the body in an alley, along with empty beer bottles and unlawful drugs. He told Alexander's family it was a suicide, and after the police found it, no one ever questioned his death again. Augustus was then sent out to the home of Queen Victoria's secretary, William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne. Him and Victoria's other servant, Evie Jacobs, were dressed as the richest people in London. They arrived in a royal carriage which Augustus had previously stole from the palace, and hired a driver, who was also dressed in upper-class clothing. When Augustus and Evie arrived, they were immediately welcome into William's home, and he asked what they had come to see him for.

"We heard about the upcoming ball at the royal palace, but we didn't receive an invitation." said Augustus, "We were wondering if it perhaps got lost in the mail?" Evie asked, "oh no, we must've forgotten to send you one. Here, take this spare copy, and I'll see you tomorrow night!" William answered. And as easily as that, they had Victoria's invitation to the royal ball. Victoria was thrilled when she received the invitation, and immediately sent Evie out to get her the best dress in the market. She thought that if she looked like a royal, her chances would increase of becoming a royal.

That night, Victoria stepped out of the royal carriage in a big, red ball gown with a wide skirt, cross straps and black frills on the sleeves and down the sides of the gown. She wore her hair neatly tied back into a bun with two braids going around under her ears. She wore a blood red rose, matching her gown, in her hair and strappy black heels. As she entered the palace, a man who worked for the Queen showed her the way to the ballroom. Once she got there, she immediately saw Queen Victoria in the corner of her eye. Before she had the chance to go over and speak to her long-lost sister, Victoria heard the sound of a knife lightly tapping against a glass of champagne, it appeared as though they were making a speech.

"Her Majesty the Queen" said the man tapping the glass, handing over the speech to her, "I'd like to thank you all for coming" Queen Victoria proclaimed, "I hope-" She stopped speaking and froze when she caught glimpse of Victoria, "oh, my." She said in shock, "you there, with the blood red gown and the rose in your hair! You look just like me!". Suddenly everyone in the room stopped to turn and stare at Victoria. They all started whispering to each other and mumbling underneath their breath. If it wasn't for their eye and hair colour, since Victoria had glowing red eyes and jet black hair, they would look identical. "Come here, I'd like to meet you." the Queen asked. Victoria made her way over to the Queen, but before either of them could say anything, the Queen Mother (Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Sealfed) walked over to victoria and placed her hands on the sides of her face. "Is that you...? Victoria...?" She asked, Victoria didn't say anything. She didn't need to. "You know her, Mother?" Queen Victoria asked looking directly at Victoria Elizabeth. "She's... She's your sister" the Queen Mother answered. Everyone in the room were looking around at each other in shock.

Queen Victoria spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how this happened, and who Victoria Elizabeth was. After a very, very long conversation, the Queen decided that she would let Victoria elizabeth stay in the spare bedroom at the palace, and whether or not she received a title would be up for discussion among the royals.

 After a very, very long conversation, the Queen decided that she would let Victoria elizabeth stay in the spare bedroom at the palace, and whether or not she received a title would be up for discussion among the royals