Chapter Three: Edward Oxford

After two years of living in Buckingham palace, Victoria was getting tired of waiting for the throne. Her plan was to receive title of princess, and then kill the Queen. If she were princess, she would be next in line of the throne after Queen Victoria's death. So when the Queen finally told Victoria Elizabeth the good news, she was thrilled. But even after she finally got the title that she should've been born with, there was still something else in the way of the throne. Queen Victoria was soon getting married to her fiancé, Albert, Prince of Consort. This worried Victoria as she figured that once they were married, they would have children. Their children would then take Victoria Elizabeth's place in the line for the throne. Meaning that if she wanted to be Queen, she had to kill Queen Victoria soon. Victoria Elizabeth tried so many different ways to kill the Queen, but even with assistance from Augustus and Evie, she failed every time, even after they got married.

When Queen Victoria first announced her pregnancy, Victoria was furious. She decided to hire a young, unemployed man who was desperate for work. His name was Edward Oxford. Edward Oxford was an unemployed eighteen-year-old boy living with his mother and sister in lodgings in Camberwell, south London. His mother and sister were away in Birmingham to see family, so he was alone at the time that he would take action. On May 4th, 1840, Edward bought a pair of pistols for 2£, as well as a gunpowder flask and began practising in various shooting galleries in Leicester Square, The Strand and the West End. He later went into Lambeth and bought fifty copper percussion caps, and asked where he could buy some bullets and three pennies worth of gunpowder. Several people saw him walking around with a loaded gun and asked what he was going to do with it, but he refused to say.

On June 10th, 1840 at about 4pm, Oxford took up a position on a footpath at Constitution Hill, near Buckingham Palace. The queen, who was four months pregnant with her first child, was riding in a phaeton with Prince Albert with no other escort than two outriders. When the royal couple appeared a few hours later, Oxford fired both pistols in succession, missing both times. He was immediately seized by onlookers and disarmed.

Victoria Elizabeth had strictly told him to keep her out of the picture, or she'd kill both Oxford's mother and sister in the most brutal way possible, with him watching. So after he 'admitted' that it was all on him, he was found not to be guilty as they all thought he was insane, and was sent to the State Criminal Lunatic Asylum, and later in Broadmoor Hospital, before being given conditional release for transportation to a British colony, Whereupon he lived out the remainder of his life in Melbourne, Australia. Everyone thought that the queen was now safe, but little did they know that one of the shots fired at her actually hit.

 Everyone thought that the queen was now safe, but little did they know that one of the shots fired at her actually hit