Unsinkable Chapter - 14

Maybe this world is another planet's hell

-Aldous Huxley.

•••

more than half of the chapter is in Italics.

•••

I snuggled in the warmth and pressed my face in the softness.

"Water," I moaned

My throat felt like it was on fire, I needed something to calm the fire, but my eyes were heavy and full of sleep. My body was aching.

"Water-" I coughed and my eyes cracked open, sometimes when you wake up in an unknown place, in an unknown situation you tend to forget what happened with you, but I, I remembered everything, like it was scarred on my skin.

If you're thinking I woke up on the floor. No, I was on the couch, the blanket covered me. My shoes were gone, my hair were not in a pony like I remember them being, last night. I didn't remember going to bed like this.

I blinked and then my hand went up, I pressed my fingers on my lips and traced them, it was real, I knew it.

I sighed and my lips curved into a smile under my fingers, I could still feel him, it was so strong, how could I ever forget the best feeling ever.

Asher...

As I thought about him my heart skipped a beat. And a big smile spread out over my face.

I stood up and stretched my arms over my head.

Rubbing my eyes I walked into the kitchen and almost gasped out loud when I saw Asher leaning against the kitchen counter.

My eyes immediately snapped to his hand and then his shirt, I realised that he took a shower. My legs started moving before my mind could make out what was happening.

"Asher," those words came out as a whisper, a very, very low whisper. He heard it, his shoulder tensed and his shirt tightened around his forearms.

He turned his face just a little and his eyes landed on me and I smiled at him like a maniac. I was grinning ear to ear, so wide that my cheeks were hurting, and then he looked away, and something dropped in the pit of my stomach.
My smile hung loosely on my lips and my eyes dimmed. Just like that.

"Hey," he looked away and brought the mug of coffee he had in his hand up to his lips, the same lips which were on mine. My mind was immediately flooded with the thought of what happened last night and my stomach formed knots. I shook all the thoughts away. Fuck it!