~Chapter 23~

Shanaya's P.O.V (Bride's side of the family) 

Today was the engagement ceremony and the cocktail combined.

So I sat down and ate breakfast with Elina.

Me and Elina were having an argument about how Elina had to take rest all day.

"No no and no!" She yelled.

"Yes yes and yes." I yelled back at her.

"Didi (sister) this is not fair!" 

"Shanaya is right Elina. The bride needs a lot of rest. Otherwise you will be so tired during the functions."

Elina sighed in a defeated voice as she ate.

Me and Shalini Bua got up and as soon as we did, my phone began to ring.

It was Nitin.

"Hi Shanaya! What's up? I saw your insta post. Are you at a wedding?"

"Yeah, my cousins."

"That's cool! How many functions?"

"Yesterday was the mehendi and ladies sangeet, today is the engagement ceremony, and then tomorrow is the wedding and haldi ."

"Sounds like a lot!"

"It is. Especially because I'm in charge."

"Hey Shanaya guess what I..."

"Nitin I have to go, I'm sorry."

"Okay bye."

I rushed down the stairs in order to prepare for the dance practice.

Hours later...

I was in Elina's room getting my hair done as the makeup artists were helping Elina getting ready.

She smiled at me.

I began to put my outfit on.

She smiled at me.

Elina looked amazing.

The way that the ceremony was going to happen was that everyone from our side of the family was going to leave the hotel and head to the engagement hall where the grooms side of the family was. Then after 15 mins Elina would make her big enterance.

I stepped in the car.

I reached th engagement hall.

The grooms side of the family had done an amazing job and all the decorations and designs were very intricate.

I saw Shravan.

Oh what I sight.

His hair was crisply brushed and combed and his suit and shoes complimented his eyes.