~Chapter 1~

The sunlight kissed my face as I rolled over in the bed groaning. I could hear the hustling and bustling downstairs but then something that would have never happened actually happened. My mom burst into the room playing loud Bollywood music. 

"Shanaya let's go!" 

"Zara sa jhoom loon main!" My mom sang.

I laughed as I got up and I turned it off.

My mother was always the sweetest. She always believed that a teenage daughter's friend is her mother. So she always acted nice with us and she tried to bond with us. She tried the best she could because she was super busy. Her and Dad were always busy with their businesses. Mom had a huge fashion business and Dad did stock market work. We had millions. I was known as the rich kid in school. 

I was often called names but I always ignored them and became the bigger person. 

"Navya Malhotra please exit my room with your music." I laughed. "As you wish madam." She said.

I showered and headed downstairs. I passed servants, maids and other people just minding their on business and doing their work. They always slept in the servant quarters or headed home to their families. 

As I headed down the stairs I went to the table where my youngest sister was sitting. People of the planet... please meet my sister Rhea Malhotra. A self obsessed teen who is twenty four seven on her phone. She focuses on studies as well as her phone. "Always on her phone." I muttered. Rhea scowled at my comment. 

"Like seriously?" She replied. "That's how you were when you were a teenager." She complained in her whiny way. 

I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue playfully. 

My other sister Sheetal came in. Me and Sheetal mostly ignored each other. She was like a replica of Rhea sometimes, but ever since she got into eighth grade she had turned super serious   about getting into high school and working hard. 

Then our eldest sister Maansi came. I loved her. We all loved her. We were so close to her. She was actually married and lived in Paris. But she took a break and came here. She left poor jiju (brother in law) in Paris. He was totally cool about it. I feel like I had the strongest bond with her. But as always she claimed that she loved all of us. 

Then my eldest brother. Our eldest sibling came in. He wasn't a typical brother who hated his sisters. But he could get really annoyed with us sometimes. He was super nice and sweet. Very confident and humble. Followed by him was our Bhabhi (Sister in law). Her name is Ishika. She was a very supportive and she laughed a lot. Bhai and Bhabhi loved each other a lot. 

Then last in was the great and grand Kunal Malhotra. The rich and famous business man, who had made billions. Our mail was full with letters of people who wanted to do business with him. I can't say much except that he's made our lives perfect. Saying Thank You to him wouldn't even be enough. 

We all sat down and ate breakfast.

Until the discussion shifted from food to my college. 

"So Shanaya... where have you applied to college?"

"All Ivy League Schools, and schools in London." 

"Wow Shanaya! I'm so proud of you!" Said Dad. 

He said it with enthusiasm. 

"I think you'll get in to all of them and have a hard time choosing." Said mom.

"Which one would you like to go to mostly?" 

"Oxford."

I can't tell you what mom's reaction was when I said that.

She already looked like she was going to miss me so much. 

I gave her a smile. 

When the door suddenly rang. It was the mailman.

"I'll get it." I said. 

"Ji please tell us what mail is there." My dad requested.

They began to read all the letters until my heart stopped beating at one letter.

Oxford college letter.

😀

Hi guys! 

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. Please do comment on area's where there might be errors. That would really help! I wanted you guys to get an intro into her family :) because usually that's what first chapter's include. I hope you all didn't find it so boring.

We will find out more in the next chapter. 

Keep reading, commenting and sharing! Please don't quit reading! 

💚