Prologue

Alise

"I love you Jackie" I say almost out of breath.

Jackie Rella was the love of my life, and I really didn't care who knew. I went throughout School invisible, but she was the only one who saw me. She is so beautiful, she could have any girl she wanted. But she chose me.
Lost in my thoughts I hadn't even realized she hadn't answered yet.

"Jackie?" I say quieter, dying for her to answer me.

"Please say something before this awkward confession literally kills me" I chuckle.

"I don't know what you want me to say Al" Jackie says purposefully avoiding eye contact with me.

"I don't... feel that way for you, I thought this was casual, I mean you knew I never wanted anything serious." She starts getting up to get dressed.

"Fuck, you're so right. You know what forget what I said, it's stupid I don't know why I said that. Uhh, let's just forget I ever said anything"

"I don't know Al" she says looking down playing with her keys. She's fully dressed now and still hasn't looked at me. "Maybe this arrangement is just to much for you to handle. You clearly want something that I can't give you. You were a good time while it lasted, but I don't think I can do this anymore" she grabs the rest of her stuff and heads towards the door. Before it closes she looks back finally meeting my gaze.

"See you around I guess" she turns around and closes the door behind her.

You know that pain in your throat you get when you're holding back tears. Well I didn't know how much it actually hurts until this moment. It kept building until I couldn't hold it anymore. And I just let the tears falls. I felt like my chest was caving in and I couldn't do anything to stop it.
I vowed to never feel this heartbreak, and let myself fall for anyone again.