2.

....

"Alright, Mona, truth or dare?" Jace asked mona in anticipation.

This was sort of our daily routine at lunch. Leave campus to go to the bear cafe, order three coffees, a bag of donut holes, sit outside in the courtyard, and play some stupid but low-key fun game-like would you rather or something. Today our game of choice is truth or dare, courtesy of Jace.

"Truth" Mona answered.

"What? You scared for me to dare you?"

"No... I am completely terrified for you to dare me. Since when do I ever trust you?" She said completely serious.

"Just answer your truth scaredy," I said now interested in what they were doing.

"He's gotta ask it first," Mona said waiting impatiently for Jace to ask her the question.

"Alright, alright hold the fuck on, I'm thinking," he said trying to think of a good one. "Got it"

Jace turns to Mona a little too eager to ask his question.

"Mona is it true you had a huge crush on your 7th-grade teacher Mr.Foster, and even gave him a love letter. And in return, he called your mom to discuss your behavior" Jace managed to say in one breath.

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT" Mona screams, her eyes going wide.

"I've only ever told..." she whips around in my direction catching me about to burst out laughing.

"You bitch, you swore to me you would never tell anyone" Furious now, she slaps me across my arm.

"Ow, Jesus mona it's not like I told the whole world," I say trying to contain my laughter, since making her angrier is not a good idea in this situation. Mona has a temper that you don't ever want to see.

"You might as well have," she says gesturing to Jace.

"That's hurtful, I wouldn't tell a soul," Jace says with a smile that doesn't match his words.

They started another full out argument, me not wanting to continue being abused by Mona, I looked away and turned my attention to around the courtyard. When I looked up something caught my eye. The girl from my first period, I think her name was Rayna, was walking over to a table across the courtyard. She pulled out a book and started reading it, I hadn't even noticed Jace and Mona stopped arguing when they caught me staring at her.

"Uhhh.. who's that Al?" Jace asked finding out what I was staring at.

"That's just Alise's lover," Mona says going all doe-eyed and resting her head on Jace's shoulder to mock me.

"Shit, no way... Al never falls for anyone?" Jace says with a hopeful smile. Mona and Jace are always trying to get me to stop playing around and be with just one girl for longer than a night, or two nights if I'm bored. I have no interest in being in a serious relationship, and probably never will. Nothing's going to change that, but that doesn't stop them from trying.

"And I still haven't... it's your turn Mona ask someone" I say trying to change the subject before it turns into the useless conversation we always have.

"Alright Al, truth or dare?" Mona says with a weird grin on her face.

"Dare"

"I dare you to go over to Rayna and get her number"