One.

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️                 

FRIDAY 4:14

"I'm pretty sure we're getting married, he'll also be the father of my children."

"Who are we talking about again?" Kelsey laughed.

"Zac Efron. Who else would we be talking about?!" I laughed.

I parked the shiny white car in her drive away and unlocked the passenger door.

"Remember you still owe me ten dollars for your Chinese that you just had to have" I added as she grabbed her bag and closed the door.

"Think of it as on the way to solving world Hunger. You fed me, and now the world has one less hungry girl." She said in a sing song voice as she leaned through the window and turned the volume all the way up.

I rolled my eyes as she went into her house screaming the Justin Bieber song now blasting from my radio.

On the drive home, I felt drowsy and I debated on pulling over incase I were to hallucinate something while driving.

Multiple doctors have told me it's a rare form of psychosis and others have told me that I just have bad reactions to my period. I've also been prescribed countless medications but I prefer staying away from pills.

Medication is just a tiny piece of nothing that tells you that you aren't yourself and you have to take this to be a normally functioning person. It sounds weird but I just don't like the idea of it all.

I have also been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which is not as extreme as people say. I guess all experiences with it are different but I can still function in normal activities if I wanted to, but I typically don't, especially with sports. I have always been interested in Lacrosse though, but I don't think I would compare to how good the girls on our team are.

The only extreme thing I experience is hallucinations, or my " disconnection from reality" as my counselor calls it.

My worst one, was about a year ago when I went to Kelsey's and in reality, she had been in the shower and told me to wait in her room, but I imagined that I walked in and saw her lifeless body laying in a tub of dark red water.

Kelsey's dealt with depression, so I thought it was real.

I remember falling to my knees on the cold bathroom floor screaming and sobbing, and then being shaken by the actual Kelsey to calm down.

The experience was not good for either of us. I almost had to go to the mental hospital for it.

How's that for being a normal high school girl?

I finally reach my destination and walked up the beige carpeted stairs to my bedroom.

I pulled out my laptop and watched David Dobrik videos on repeat until my phone lit up and Kelsey 's contact appeared.

"Hey girl" I said into the phone.

"Hey um did you finish the English homework? Because you know I need to sorta kinda cheat off you." She says and I swear I can see her sly smile through the phone.