Chapter 3

I know I could write pages upon pages about every little event in Chad and my life, but I think people would eventually get tired of that. I don't want that. Chad and I did the usual dinner for birthdays and our anniversary. Yet Chad made our 2 year anniversary the most special it could ever have been. We talked about being married one day and spending the rest of our lives together but nothing was set in stone, That was until May 7th on out 2nd anniversary where he got down on one knee and I balled like a baby. 

        Our anniversary went something like this. The week leading up to our anniversary Chad told me that he was planning our dinner and that a friend of our got us free dinner. That all I was told! It drove me crazy.  I kept asking what to wear and what shoes to bring and what we were going to be doing and just going CRAZY! Anyway, Chad picked me up for dinner that evening. In the car I was like a little kid going "are we there yet" and asking "where are we going". If you haven't guessed I dont do good with surprises.... Anyway we ended up going to dinner and throughout dinner I was bouncy and well I must say very annoying. Not far from our table was a clown. I am VERY afraid of clowns so Chad had finally told me that if I didn't stop asking all these questions then he would call the clown over to the table. That got me to shut up a whole... oh... I don't know 30 min. After dinner we got in the car and Chad drove around for what seemed like forever, until we got to an air plain museum. Chad walked over and opened my door like a gentleman and we walked around the museum until I got to cold. We got back to the car where once again Chad opened the door for me and I got in. Now me being a clumsy blonde, I hit my wrist on the door as I got into the car. As I did that Chad got down on one knee. Me being very blonde, I was thinking he was checking to make sure I was alright ( which is something he would do). But then he opened the glove box of the car where a little red box sit all cozy. When I realized what it was, the tears started poring out of my eyes. Chad could barely get the words out of his mouth because he was laughing at my reaction as well as him being all nerves. Of course I said yes, that is once I could get a single word out of my mouth.

        After he put the ring on my finger, we decided to go get some milkshakes. What was funny was all of Chads buddies were at the same Drive-Inn as us and when they saw us they came running over to us and going hows your night and what are you doing here ad all that jazz. I simply smiled at all of them and put my hand out. Next thing I know all his buddies are hooting and hollering and hugging and giving each other high fives. Everyone was excited. But we still had one more place to visit and it was 9:00 at night....That place was...well. My parents. I called them up and was like om can Chad and I come over because we need to talk to  you guys. I swear my parents probably thought I was pregnant. Anyway we got over there and I had the ring hidden behind my other hand. We sat down In the living room where Chad began to tell my Dad how much I meant to him and asked for their blessing in marring me. The room was silent for quite a while, I think mostly because my daddy was realizing that his only little girl was growing up. When he finally said yes to us I once again busted out crying. Chad and I hugged my parents and that was that. Word got around fast and all of my friends and family said congrats. 

        The next day, was a school day and I was a teachers assistant at Chads high school. I had graduated the year before and came back to help students with math. I tutored freshmen. Anyway the first few hours of school not so many people knew that I was engaged, however all it took was one of my students who saw the ring and then BAM everyone was asking questions.