Save You Tonight

Chapter 27

~~Sam's POV~~

       I stared at the mirror. My bloodshot eyes hid behind my glasses. My regular smile was faded and formed a thin line. I was wearing a short yellow dress, with a brown belt above my waist. I had a pair of white lace TOMS on. My blonde hair was in loose curls that draped over my shoulders and down my back. This person in the mirror wasn't me. This girl looked empty.  She was sad and alone in her own mind. This girl was drained of her own tears. No emotions left. 

"Come on, we're leaving." someone said in a shaky whisper. It was Sara. She took my quivering hand into hers and led me to the car. She was wearing a white, floral dress with a brown belt above her waist. Her beach blonde hair was plaited to the side, a small flower poking through. She had on the same pair of TOMS that I did. 

    I slipped into the limo and squished next to Harry and Liam. I haven't been talking for the last few days, I've been quite mute. I answered everything with a nod of the head, or hand motions. I rested my head on Harry's shoulder and let out a small sigh. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple. 

"It'll be alright." he whispered in my ear. I nodded and closed my eyes. We had to drive all the way to Albany for court, since that's where the prison was. This ride would take almost 3 hours, and I wasn't planning on talking the whole way there. 

     I couldn't cry anymore. I couldn't talk anymore. I couldn't think straight anymore. My mind was always playing tricks on me. I'd always see Ali and Nikki. I began to have nightmares constantly, so I refused to sleep. I sat downstairs in the lounge and watched tv for hours. I haven't slept in 5 days and I'm extremely tired, but I wont sleep because of the nightmares. 

     No one tried to talk to me, they knew I was in a bad state of mind. They would hug me, but would rarely talk. Harry came by every day and made me dinner. He's honestly the best boyfriend any girl could ever wish for. I feel bad I haven't talked to him, told him I love him, or even kissed him. I lifted my head off his shoulders and wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him tight. I kissed his cheek and set my head back on his shoulder. 

"What was that for?" he asked smiling. I shrugged. 

"I'm sorry." I said quietly, just loud enough for him to hear me. 

"What for?" 

"For not talking. For not being a good girlfriend." I sighed. 

"Sam, you're the best girlfriend in the world. You're just not yourself lately, but everything will be okay soon." he kissed my head. 

"I love you Harry." I whispered in his ear. He smiled real big. 

"You have no idea how much I've missed hearing you say that." I smiled. Wow I'm actually smiling. "I love you too Sam." 

"Harry." I stated. I took my head off his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. I placed a gentle kiss on his lips. God, I've missed that. 

"God, I've missed that." Harry said. 

"I was thinking the same thing." I laughed slightly before pecking him on the lips one more time. 

"Did Sam just smile, laugh, kiss Harry, and talk?!" Louis yelled. I nodded and giggled again. 

"I'm sorry guys. I haven't been a good friend, you've been treating me well and I haven't done anything in return.." I sighed. 

"Don't say that, you're just not thinking right at the moment. You're a great friend to us." Liam reassured.