Chapter 10

(continuous from chapter 9)

With all the doors closed and the windows sealed, the water starts to rise up real quickly. You then noticed the vents on top.

"Hey baby, you see the vents? You think we can escape from there to get to the other side of the room?"

"Maybe but it doesn't look sturdy enough to hold us all at once." Jinyoung says looking up at the vents.

"What if we go in one by one?" you ask.

"It wouldn't hurt to try." Kihyun suggested.

You then looked around to find a way to climb up there. The boys helped you stack every chair, every table to get it high enough to climb up. Shownu went up first, then Hyungwon, then Wonho, Minhyuk, Jooheon, Kihyun, then I.M. The three of them made it to the other side. Shownu sat Hyungwon down and Wonho tried to open the doors from that side but it's sealed shut. As they rest escape through the vents, there's a rumble. Then parts of the ceiling pieces fell and blocked their way.

"Hey Jinyoung, we're stuck. Parts of the ceiling fell and it's too heavy to push through." Minhyuk shouted while pushing on the pieces.

The water is rising fast. It already reached up to the last two chair that's stacked up making you and Jinyoung's body in the water. You guys hold on to the chairs to stay together.

"Whatever you guys do, don't make a single movement. With four of you guys in there, you'll all fall." Jinyoung shouted.

You look at Jinyoung with a worried face.

"Jinyoung, what are we gonna do?"

Jinyoung thinks and said, "Baby, you're gonna have to climb up there into the vents."

"But what about you? It's not gonna hold us all."

"Yes, it will. You're light. You're not gonna add much weight to it."

"But what about you?"

The water rises up more making you guys climb the chairs higher. The ceiling's cracking even more.

"Y/N! Just trust me! You need to get up there now!"

You then see that Minhyuk got the ceiling pieces out of the way and they escape. You shed a tear then gave Jinyoung a kiss.

"Promise me we'll both make it out of here alive."

Jinyoung kissed you back.

"I promise."

As you climb up and got into the vent, you then helped Jinyoung up to get in but there wasn't enough time. Parts of the ceiling fell and hit Jinyoung in the head, making him fall back into the water. Drowning. You reached out to grab his hand but it slipped out.

"JINYOUNG!!!"

There's no time to just stay there and cry so immediately you escape from the vents. They help you down.

"Jinyoung. He's still in there! Parts of the ceiling fell on him before he could get on the vent. We need to get him out of there!"

Shownu then climbs back up to the vents to save Jinyoung. The rest of you tried your very best to break the door down. The firemen's came and took every person in that room out the building.

"Sir! You need to help my husband! He got hit by a piece of the ceiling so he's stuck in the other room full of water. One of our friends went in to save him." you told the fireman.

He nodded and tried to break the door down. One of the firemen's took you out to the rest of the guys. Kihyun puts his blanket on you and comforts you.

"Don't worry Y/N. He's gonna get out of there alive."

You cry then leaned onto Kihyun hugging you.

It's been a few hours and nothing yet. You got up and saw Shownu walking out of the building. You run to him.

"Where's Jinyoung? Were they able to get him out?"

Shownu doesn't say a word and just put his head down and start to cry.

You noticed something was wrong by the look on his face. You then started to cry too and hugged Shownu.

"Hey, get your hands off my woman."

You look up by the sound of your husband's voice. Jinyoung's walking towards you.

"Jinyoung!"

Everyone got up and ran towards him to give him a hug.

You hug him then hits his arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" he says rubbing his arm.

"Stop dying on me! This is the second time! I thought you died."

He gave you a kiss on your forehead. "I'm not going anywhere."

Jinyoung hugs you and you just embrace him. It's glad to be back in his arms.

"How did all of this even happen?" Wonho asked.

"It's the stalker. Seems like he's not only trying to get rid of Y/N and Jinyoung but everyone who's close to them. And that's including us." I.M explained.

Everyone's shocked.

"We really need to watch out for one another especially after all of this" Minhyuk suggested.

"You're right." Jinyoung said. "The stalker knows that we're trying to find him so he's doing everything in his will to get rid of us first."

"So what should we do?" Jooheon asked.