honeymoon surprise - jayson tatum

It was the week of your honeymoon and you and Jayson had decided on a getaway trip to Nassau, Bahamas. The first two days you had soaked up the radiant sun but today was like a complete 180, you had woken up extremely nauseated and tired. When Jayson went down to work out for the day. You'd gotten dressed in some shorts and one of Jayson's t-shirts and went to a local pharmacy to pick up a pregnancy test.

Being pregnant wasn't ideal for you right now, you were currently in your second year of your pediatric residency and your work hours were long and stressful and adding a baby to mix was like adding fuel to the fire.

Walking into the store you looked around before grabbing a Clear Blue pregnancy test and few snacks before heading back to your hotel. Once you enters your suite you gulped down a bottle of water and took the test out of the bag before heading to the bathroom.

The test took three minutes until it displayed the results. The entire time you were filled with an unwavering nervousness. You and Jayson had discussed kids but you both had thought it was best to wait a few years before taking the plunge.

How would Jayson react?

What would Jayson think?

How would he take the news that you were pregnant?

Would he be happy, upset or a mix of both?

The timer you had set on your phone began to ring through the bathroom signaling that it was time to check the results. You took a deep breath before checking the test. Your hand covered your mouth as you began to cry tears of happiness

You were Pregnant.

Jayson came home to the sounds of Daniel Caesar's Get You playing lowly in the backround. His initial instinct was to look for you, when he found you in the dining room area of your shared hotel suite. "Hey, babygirl," He walked over and placed a kiss on your cheeks. "Hi, baby I have something to tell you but first let's eat lunch, okay?" Jayson looked down and saw the spread of baby back ribs, baby corn, baby carrots. His face scrunched up before looking at his wife.

"What's with the small food?"

"You don't see a common theme?" You asked hoping it would to him.

"Yeah, the 'theme' is small ass food."

"No," You laughed "It's not small ass food."

"I mean, what can it be because the only thing on the plate is baby-sized food, wait," Jayson stopped to think for a minute. "Babygirl are you pregnant?" Jayson smiled before pulling you into his strong embrace. "Yeah I found out earlier when I was feeling sick, but I don't know how long."

Jayson's mind began to run with possibilities. What would he look like or would it be a girl? Happy was an understatement, Jayson was estatic.

He was going to be a father.

So I tried a new point of view for this chapter let me know if you like it or if you want me to go back to third person. Anyways when you read this I hope your day is going great💛