Olivia

•This is a One Direction fan fiction. I got this idea from roleplaying and the character I had was just like little Olivia here. Please comment, vote, share.•

~4 years previously~

Olivia's flats clacked along the sidewalk as she hurried towards the lake. The sun was setting and she wouldn't be able to get a good picture if she didn't hurry. The sun didn't shine often in Holmes Chapel. The girl pushed back her dark hair as she moved, fiddling with the straps of her father's old camera as it hung around her neck.

She stopped when she saw another figure on the park bench. Not a lot of people came to this park. It was run-down and, besides, it was late. That's a reason Olivia came here was because the girl didn't like people or confrontation. But the figure's body was shaking and Olivia felt herself drift towards them. As she grew closer, she noticed it was a boy. He was most likely a teenager, but Olivia couldn't tell because his face was hidden.

She sat timidly beside him and placed a cautious hand on his shoulder. The lad snapped his head up and looked at her. Olivia was staring into eyes the same color as hers- emerald green. He also had the same color hair- dark brown. However, his eyes were rimmed with red and his hair was curly, while Olivia's eyes were clear of any stress and her hair was straight.

"Are you going to ask me why I'm a sixteen year old boy sobbing alone on a park bench?" He spoke, a low, rough voice for a boy who looked so child-like. "No. It's none of my concern," Olivia reasoned, removing her hand. To her surprise, the boy took her hand in his and he continued to cry. Olivia sat by his shaking body as he put his head on her small shoulder, nuzzling into her neck- which he thought smelled of something oddly delicious- and cried his little heart out. Finally, he sat up straight, body trembling.

"I-I... I'm Harry," he announced. "I'm Olivia." "Hold old are you?" "Fifteen." "How come I've never seen you before?" "I'm not a people person." But Olivia was surprised she'd never seen this boy. Sure, she never really saw anyone. She blurred them out. But, surely, a lad like him hadn't gone by unnoticed. He seemed like the shy type at first, but he was asking Olivia many questions.

"There's no way I missed you. You're stunning, Olivia." Olivia thought that was an overstatement. She knew she was pretty, for she looked like the family on her father's side. Her grandmother was the most beautiful woman Olivia had even laid eyes on. But stunning? "That's nice of you. Well, I ought to be off." "Wh- Already?" Harry asked, frowning as she stood up. "Yes. The sun's about to set and I need to-" "Let me tell you what's wrong." "You really mustn't do that!" Olivia insisted, very much wanting to escape his gaze.

Harry stood in front of her. He was quite tall, actually. "You came and sat by me, Olivia. I don't even know you or who you were or why you cared. I don't know why you happen to be strolling through the worst part of Holmes Chapel or why you're wearing that camera like an accessory or why you seem scared all of a sudden. But I do know that you, of anyone, should know why I'm sitting here crying like a little wussy-" Olivia was suddenly walking away. She was terrible with people and didn't know what to say to the curly haired lad.

He followed. "Please, just... I know I'm an awkward little shi-" He stopped and stared at Olivia, who has also stopped. She was pressing her hands to her ears and closing her eyes. Harry slowly grabbed her wrists and began to pull her hands away. Olivia yanked back like Harry was hurting her. Her green eyes were wide in horror and Harry wanted to crumble from the look of terror on the girl's face. "I would never hurt you," he says bluntly. He didn't know the girl, but he wouldn't hurt her.

"I was crying because I'm leaving here." Olivia stared at him, confused. "Leaving?" Her voice was small. "Y-yeah, I'm... I'm in the boot camp for X-Factor and I have to leave. I'm... Yeah." "Well... Do you sing?" Harry smiled a little. "Obviously, love." "Oh. Yeah. Well, why're you sad then?" Harry gave her a sad smile, which caused light dimples to appear in his cheeks. "I'm scared."

•••

So, a new story. I plan on making this my priority. It won't end up a leaving-your-best-friend story, I swear. You'll see.