Déjà Vu

~Olivia~

Olivia pressed her finger onto the button that would capture her picture. She examined the screen, smiling at the perfect picture of the two baby birds, fluttering around the nest. The mother bird was nowhere to be found, although Olivia suspected she was going to find food for the young birds.

Olivia continued her walk through the abandoned park. It was an oddly warm day, rare for Cheshire, which usually blessed the residents with wind and rain and crisp air- even on summer days such as today. It was occasional to find a bird's nest or any true part of nature for that matter.

Olivia was saving up so that she could move to London. She had wasn't to turn twenty until December, so her ability to get into an advanced course at London Arts Academy (LLA) was disabled for now. She had to be the big two-oh in order to attend, so for now she took minor photography courses at the local university. LAA was known for all of the different courses. They had art, of course. Along with photography, music, instrumental, drama, musical theater, computer tech, film tech, writing, design, cosmetology, and journalism. The courses were very advanced and Olivia planned to take four of those courses, but only if she were to get an acceptance for them.

Olivia's thoughts wondered from university to a very familiar sound. This time, when she saw the sobbing figure, she knew for sure it was a man- the same man she'd met so many years back. Olivia wanted to laugh at the irony, but she ended up frozen, not being able to move.

He seemed to sense her presence because he looked up. Olivia's heart shattered. Harry's face was blotchy and tear-stained. His emerald eyes were dilated and blood-shot. There were bags under his eyes as well.

But Harry was different now. His hair was no longer made of right ringlets, but of wavy locks that tumbled down in a rather girly hair style. Instead of hidden under a beanie, it was pushed back with a navy blue silk bandana. His face was no longer one of innocence but of edges and roughness and not a pimple in sight. He was obviously more muscular and defined and had grown quite a bit.

What Olivia found the most curious was that Harry had literally millions upon millions of dollars, yet he was dressed like a homeless man, albeit a rather attractive one, nevertheless still a homeless man. He had on a red plaid shirt tucked into his dark, tattered skinnies. Rough work beets covered his large feet and they were laced in a lazy fashion. His buttons were only fastened halfway, revealing the top of a glorious, tan, and tattooed torso.

Finally, Olivia let her eyes find his. She hadn't noticed he'd began typing on his phone. He was ignoring her- just like the stupid, cocky celebrity Olivia feared he'd become. She gripped her camera and moved past him, resisting the urge to snap a picture and post it on all social media she could think of, along with the park's address. But she couldn't do that. Not only was it a horrid thing to do in general, but this park was deserted and Olivia didn't want any undivided, uncalled for attention.

Suddenly, a tight grip encased her tiny shoulder. She turned to face Harry, holding his phone in her face. She narrowed her eyes, confused. Pale green eyes returned her gaze. She averted her eyes to the phone. It was pulled onto the note pad.

'I can't talk much. Recent throat surgery. :-/'

Olivia peeked hesitantly back up at the man, feeling self-conscious. She merely nodded in response. Harry's fingers flew over his keyboard and he returned the phone to Olivia's line of sight.

'I'm not going to hurt you. Don't look so frightened, please, love?'

Olivia wanted to retort with something sassy- she wasn't afraid of him. She was afraid he'd pursue to be her friend yet again and that's not something she was looking forward to. She didn't want friends- especially not an egotistical celebrity like Harry.

"I-I have to..." She trailed off and backed away. Déjà Vu was taking over Olivia's mind and it was scaring her. Her mouth opened in both shock and horror when Harry fell to his bum on the sidewalk. He pulled his legs up to face and began sobbing again and Olivia was so confused. She slowly knelt down and ran a hand through Harry's hair, shushing him like her mum does to her when she's upset. Harry's sobs continue to rack through his body and Olivia's pity is overwhelming. Maybe she was judging Harry far to quick. Maybe Harry wasn't just a cocky famous guy. She'd seen him break down twice- and that's how many times she's met the man in person.

"You know," Harry mused, voice gravely. He peeked up at Olivia and she shook her head. He nodded and returned to typing on his phone.

'It'll only hurt at times, I'm sorry. I'd like to apologize for becoming a crybaby in front of you. It's rather pathetic.'

"No," Olivia blurted. She blushed and looked down at her lap as she sat in front of Harry. "No... You're just showing your vulnerable side. I get it." Harry shook his head, sending long hair flying. Olivia thought he needed a haircut.

'You don't get it. I know why you continued walking. You think I've changed like in those cheesy romance novels. But I didn't. I'm still the wussy boy you met years ago.'

"I dunno why you bring yourself down, Harry. You're just hurting. Would you like to talk about it again?" Harry's green eyes wandered to his phone. He typed his reply quickly.

'When I can actually speak.'

Olivia nodded and stood back up, brushing her hands on the bottom half of her flowery dress. She groaned mentally. She hadn't done laundry in a while, being so busy, so she'd only had a dress to wear today- a strapless purple and pink, thigh-brushing one. Harry's eyes were now scanning her and she could just hear his thoughts.

'Her legs are so pale and short. She has ban shoulders. That belt is really uncalled for, she's way too skinny, like a stick. I bet that beanie is covering a hair tornado.'

She felt her breath catch in her throughs when he looked away. Te sun caught his brilliant eyes and creamy skin in a stunning way. Olivia slowly lifted the camera from her chest and snapped a picture of him. He heard the click and flicked his head around, seeming panicky. Olivia frowned in comprehension and reached a hand out to grab his wrist. He looked at her in horror and snatched his arm away. Olivia furrowed her brows. "Harry? I just snapped a picture, it wasn't any paps."

Harry's wild eyes turned calm again. "Sorry," he mumbled lowly before wincing. He really was hurting. "Would you like to walk with me to the pond?" Harry nodded and they walked together to the pond.

~Harry~

Harry felt oddly at peace when he went to bed. His throat was still hurting very badly but he'd gotten Olivia's number and managed to snap a picture of his own. The girl's beanie was covering her curly brown hair and she was looking out at the pond. Harry admired how she wasn't flawless in the least. She was short, her body was pale, her eyes were a bit big, her nose was teeny, her teeth weren't perfectly white, she had freckles scattering her shoulders, she had three dimples instead of the normal amount of two. She was shy and misunderstood and her voice was too high, reminding Harry of his best mate, Louis. But he liked how he barely knew the girl, yet she had him analyzing these little things about her. He sort of wanted to spend every second of the day with her so he could pick out her personality flaws. And then he wanted to go home with her, remove her clothing, and find every dimple, freckle, mole, birthmark, indention, and reaction that she had. This scared Harry.

He was so caught up in the picture that he hadn't noticed the sticky note on the top of his journal. When his eyes caught side of the bright green paper, he picked it up.

'Harry- I have to work today but I was hoping you'd stay another night. I know you said you'd be here most of your trip, but I want you to enjoy Holmes Chapel. You grew up here, and I'm not going to take up all your time. Love you, Mum'

Harry smiled to himself. He liked how his mother still liked to write him notes instead of simply texting him. He liked how she wanted to give him space. He liked how she had asked for one more night when, in reality, Harry would give that woman eternity.