Chapter 3: Huge Mistake

Chapter 3

"No" Zach said.

His eyes were watering.

"Zach whatever is going on we need to fix it." I said trying to make him feel better.

"Stop being so nice, it's making it harder for me to stop loving you." Zach answered looking the other way.

"Zach? You like me?"

"Of course. How could I not. But I guess Jonah beat me to it." Zach said.

He looked very frustrated. "Ugh" He punched the garage door before sliding down onto the floor. He hid his face so I couldn't see him. But I saw tears fall from his face and down to the floor. I felt so bad. He was the one I wanted but I was Jonah's. I sat down right next to him. For one moment it was just silence.

"Zach, I feel like I made this worst."

"You didn't. Don't say that." Zach said with his face still in his hands.

"I wish Jonah didn't ask me out." I said under my breath.

"Jonah's my best friend, I'm glad to see him happy but I wish you were mine." Zach said finally putting his head up. He couldn't hide that no more.

"Yeah me too." I said.

"No he would kill me."

I took a breath and faced Zach

"Not if he doesn't know." I said turning his face to meet mine.

I felt him leaning in. His hands on mine. But he pulled back. His face was inches away from mine.

"No, I can't do this, he's my friend." Zach got up and walked inside the house. Wiping his tears.

I got up and also walked in but from the front. I felt awful. I saw Jonah.

"Hey you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, I just had an asthma attack." Jonah hugged me and I felt safe. But I saw Zach at the stairs.

"Who are you trying to fool" he said under his breath walking away into the kitchen. Jonah didn't hear.

For the rest of the night Jonah and I watched a movie with Daniel. We watch Harry Potter.

"I feel like you look like him." Daniel said laughing.

"Dude that's because I am him." Jonah answered back.

We all started laughing and making funny jokes on the movie and Jonah while reenacting scene it was a fun night from there on.
When it was getting late I slept over. I slept on the couch which was actually pretty comfortable. But I couldn't sleep. Not after what happen. I needed a break from all of it so I went outside. Something about the moons reflection on the pool made me want to swim. I figured a midnight swim would do me good. So I put my swim shorts on and just put my feet in the water. Relaxing and enjoying the owl and crickets peaceful song I closed my eyes. It felt like my troubles all went away.

But then I heard someone's voice.

"BOO!" Zach yelled from behind me putting his hands on my shoulder scaring the crap out of me. I quickly stood up.

"Zach! Oh my gosh! You freakin scared me!"

"Well maybe you should-"he stopped his sentence and threw me into the pool.

But I took him down with me. When I came up from the water I saw Zach staring right at me. I couldn't take it no more. The moonlight was perfect, the weather was perfect, and the moment felt right... he was perfect. He got closer to me. He lifted my chin up and with the other hand on my waist he leaned in. Before I knew it I leaned in as well.

After what felt like forever we stepped back. Both smiling at each other. His hands still on me. But then we turned around, startled by the voice of Daniel.

"Zach, Sydney?" Daniel said looking really confused.

"But you and Jonah. This is wrong. This is so wrong on so many levels." Daniel said shaking his head, looking very disappointed. Zach got out of the pool.

"I was her fault. It was all her. Ask her." Zach said before walking back into the house.

I felt tears coming on. I got out of the pool.

"Daniel I'm sorry I-I"

Daniel cut me off.

"I won't tell Jonah, but that still doesn't make this right."

He threw me a towel and headed back inside. I shivered in the cold and let me tear fall. I started to cry, it was my mistake, my fault, Zach was right.

Zach's POV:

​I saw Sydney from my window. I saw her shivering in the cold with only a towel to keep her warm. She had her hands on her face crying. I felt horrible. I didn't mean what I said. I just didn't want to take responsibility for my action. But I knew sooner or later it had to be done and I had to apologize to Sydney.

"What have I done" was the last thing I said before drifting off to sleep............... TO BE CONTINUED

Wow! Do you think she made a mistake? Ooff the feels😹
Snapchat: marieb817
Main instagram: m_bosey
Fan account: portlandseaveywdw
K byeeeeeee ~M💜🍉