I love you

One-shot: 8th year-I love you

Word count: 490

Pain and sorrow flashed in the young boy's eyes as he stared at his bloodied wrists. A sharp searing sting shot up his arm as he brought the blade back to it. Unshed tears filled emerald eyes until they could hold no more. Tears spilled, washing down the cream like skin and dripping off the boy's chin. Scarlet tears trickled from the wounds upon the tender wrist and splashed to the stone floor, splattering it in scarlet blood. A strangled sob escaped the boy's bubblegum pink lips and he leaned forward until his head lay rested against the cool metal rail. He looked up past the rail at the view of the grounds. Looming trees cast shadows making the Forbidden Forest look impossibly more creepy. Every once in a while a creature will look up at the school causing an errieness to pass over. The boy shivered slightly as a cool breeze swept through the astronomy tower. Why me? He thought helplessly as he looked back down at his wrists. Will someone be my saviour? Or will I have to save myself from myself? Will I still have to be the hero even though the war is over? Why can't I just be normal? "Harry..." A voice whispered in his ear. Another strangled sob escaped him. Draco.... Harry looked up and glanced around, wishing his mind wasn't playing tricks on him. But of course it was. "Why!" Harry screamed, "Why did I have to lose him? He was the one who saved me but I lost him, it's my fault!" He whispered brokenly, and conjured a rope. "I'll join you my love, and then we can be happy" Harry choked out, tears trickling down, splashing on the stone floor. "Harry please don't, live for me" Harry looked around wildly, and noticed a faded Draco standing by him. "Draco!" Harry cried, and lunged at Draco only to tumble to the ground as he went through the illusion. Sobs wracked Harry harder at this. "No!" Harry sobbed. He tied the rope to the railing and then around his neck. "I'm sorry Draco.." Harry whispered. He climbed over the railing and leaned forward, falling but his fall was cut short. The sudden stop of his fall was sufficient enough to break Harry's neck, almost killing him instantly. Everything in Harry's vision faded and he welcomed the darkness. Now he was free, now he can see Draco once more. The last breath sawed out of Harry's lungs, and pushed past the now purple lips. His heartbeat slowed to a stop, rendering him dead.

Harry did join Draco, only to get a good scolding, it didn't bother him, he just hugged Draco tightly. Draco ceased his scolding and smiled at Harry, hugging him tightly back. "I love you Draco" Harry whispered, Draco's smile widened and he leaned down to whisper in Harry's ear, "I love you too, Harry..."

The end