fourteen

Taehyung stared at Jae from his window as she walked around the garden alone

Taehyung stared at Jae from his window as she walked around the garden alone. She asked him beforehand if she could visit it. He allowed her to but said he wouldn't go.

He wasn't in the mood to walk. He was feeling lazy, so he settled with watching her through his window.

"Are you watching her?"

Taehyung turned around. "It would be nice if you knocked first, Mother. No one likes an impolite lady."

"No one likes a rude man," she retorted.

"Why have you come into my room? I think we've both established that we dislike each other."

"I've come to check up on you. You've taken a liking to that shapeshifter."

"Of course I've taken a liking. I am the one who picked and bought her. Why would I pick a shapeshifter I didn't like?" Taehyung incredulously questioned.

"You know what I mean, Taehyung. You cannot develop any other feelings or emotions for her. Your relationship with her is only that of a master and pet type. Of course, once you are married to June, you'll need not of Jae as a sex toy. You can give her to me now and have Mai teach her how to be a great maid," his mother suggested.

"How about you mind your own damn business? Is this why Father always sides with me? He and I both know that arranged marriages are nothing but destruction. There is no love in an arranged marriage, Mother. Get it through your thick skull that your relationship with Father is nothing but a lie built on society and money."

His mother clenched her jaw. "You've always been ungrateful. Just listen to me for once. If you want to survive in this world, you need money and power. If you want your little shapeshifter to survive, you will marry June. There can be no love between a human and a shapeshifter."