eighteen

[three weeks later]

[three weeks later]

"When are you going to date? It's really annoying me," June said as Taehyung and Jae read a book together in a corner.

The four settled in with the rebels and stayed in an underground society that didn't seem underground. It looked like a beautiful prairie made underground. The walls were all painted by professional painters and there were elegant lights made by craftsmen and engineers.

The houses were all simple cottages, and plants and food were made underground. The rebels were happy and fighting for their cause.

June was sitting on Jimin's lap, while Taehyung and Jae were huddled together with a blanket wrapped around the two of them. Taehyung was reading her a bedtime story.

"Why would we date?" Jae asked softly. "We're friends. Right?" Jae looked up at Taehyung for confirmation.

Taehyung nodded. "We're friends, Jae. Don't worry."

Jae rested her head on his shoulder. "Can you keep reading?"

Taehyung nodded with a smile. "Yeah, of course."

"It's amazing how much three weeks can change the relationship between two people," Jimin whispered.

"They love the relationship Taehyung and Jae have down here. They're models for the rest of the world to follow," June replied.

"A human and a shapeshifter... It's been done before, but none of them have ever lived very long."

"That's because they exposed themselves to the League of Life without any real support. But here, with the rebels, we have all the support we need, Jimin. It didn't take much convincing to bring Taehyung here because I think he knew what the League of Life and its followers were going was wrong," June explained.

"My cousin sure is something, isn't he?" Jimin asked with a grin.

"Definitely. Although, his mood swings haven't changed much," June muttered with a scoff.

Jimin laughed out loud, but June hit his shoulder to shut him up.

"Jae's sleeping! Be quiet!"

June and Jimin looked over to the pair in the corner. Jae was asleep on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung noticed their stares and sent them a wink.

"Seriously? What does that wink even mean?" June asked. "Is it an 'I'm going to screw Jae later' look or is it an 'I'll eventually date Jae' look?"

"We'll never know until the day Jae is pregnant," Jimin replied.

"Please don't say that. The two make enough noise at night. I don't need a baby crying in the middle of the night either."