#5 - Fight For Your Freedom Part 2

SPANISH HARLEM - MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

Victor Alvarez, a young man from Spanish Harlem, was walking down the stairwell with bags of garbage in hand. He was heading to a dumpster. He seemed a bit mad, which he was thanks to his mother. They didn't get along very well and unfortunately she was all he had. While at the dumpster he noticed some people he knew looking up at the New York skyline.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"The White Tiger just ran through here, she was fighting some guy dressed in a mariachi outfit," answered one of the onlookers.

"She?" he followed up. "I thought the White Tiger was a guy."

"Yeah, but this was clearly a chick."

"There are so many new heroes and villains in the city lately," he said. "What's so special about New York? Can't some of them move to Philadelphia?"

RESCUE INC. TOWER

James Miles was suiting up in his American Panther costume while Nomad looked at a tablet with the Rescue Inc. logo on it. She was watching the video featuring the Bastards of Evil member Warhead who at the time had fought and defeated James's sister, Monica. They had only found the video because it went viral over the internet.

"AP, look you can't do this alone," Nomad explained to him. "This guy just took out your sister who was wearing Stark Tech. I don't know much about Tony Stark but I remember Iron Man from Counter-Earth. If something was strong enough to take Rescue down on its own, what chance will you have on your own?"

"We've always been on our own and we've always looked after one another," he answered. "I've faced worse situations than this."

"James you're not alone anymore. You're part of a team and being part of a team means we're supposed to work together."

WORLD PARTY HQ

The Goblin was in a dark room that happened to be the computer room of the World Party's headquarters. Viewing from the inside of his mask you could see a display set up similar to that of Iron Man's helmet. He was attempting to hack into the World Party's mainframe.

"I knew it, I knew there was something up with these people," he said to himself. "A group of Nazi leftovers . . . Way to go Rome, nice little situation you got yourself into. There's no way I can get out of this. If I don't do this he'll hurt my family."

Just as he finished looking through some files the door behind him opened. In stepped a young woman dressed in a metal suit.

"There you are," she said. "The World Party leader wants us to gather in their meeting hall."

"Layla, do you know who these people are?" he asked. "They're Nazis. The boss has us working with a band of racists. We can't work with these people."

"Who cares?"

"Who cares?" he replied. "You should care! These people are responsible for the persecution of many people during World War II and now this new generation is trying to do the same here in the U.S."

"I don't care what they're about," she replied. "All that matters is that I get paid! And that the boss helps me get to my father, the Stilt-Man."

SPANISH HARLEM

The American Panther was surveying the area. This was the scene of the fight between Rescue and Warhead. The Panther was looking for clues on where to find the Bastards of Evil. Nomad joined him.

"There's nothing here," she said. "If there was a trail it has gone cold. We can find no radiation from the green guy and no scraps of armor leftover from Rescue."