Chapter Two: King for a Day

Hiya lovelies!

So the second chapter will have the lovely King for a Day by Pierce the Veil featuring Mr.Kellin Quinn in it! Yay! So let's start this party!

Chapter Two: King for a Day

As we swam towards the deserted island, we saw a dog swimming towards the island. I realized it was one of the dogs on the crash, as the bandana they out on all the animals that board.

"Shadow! Come here girl!" Luke shouted. So it was his dog? The exhausted dog lapped up some water before paddling over to

Luke. I repositioned the toddler that was in my arm, as the mother was weak and could barely swim.

"Look! It's a doggy." Jena, the curly, brown haired, green eyed toddler shouted. Her little brother who she called Baby Evan was with the Dad, and the mom, who was sick when she had attended this flight, coughed and sat up onto the plane wing. Since we were moving, the children held onto it (if they could not swim) and two men pushed it.

I smiled. "Yes Jena Bum." I had actually known this family - Jena was my little cousin as her mother was my mom's sister. But sadly my Mom had issues and she had to move away, because Dad triggered her to become suicidal with his anger issues, and she had to go to rehab.

"Let's play baby when we get there. I am cold, brrr." I realized heat would be an issue, and shivered. The babies

and toddlers clung to their last family members, and the children all huddled together.

As Shadow and Luke led the way to the island, I could now touch. After another three minutes we were there. Everybody collapsed on the shore.

Since we had left at four am in the morning, it was only six at the latest, even though the sky was still bright.

!

"We can make tipis with the sticks. I have some food in my suitcase." A business man, Jack, piped up, opening his suitcase to reveal two bruised apples, two granola bars and three smushed sandwiches, emptying the food out and putting them in the circle of wet people. "We both have some food in our pockets." Max and Maria piped up, putting two fruit snacks, mini bags of cereal, four smushed sandwiches and three oranges and five apples.

"Okay. Children and babies pick first." Jena reached for a fruit snack bag and told me to open them. I grabbed a bag of cereal for Evan and gave them to the family, which broke off tiny prices of the fruit loops to the baby.

Luke, Max, Jack, Chris and Colin went to find food. Luke returned with no shirt, but his shirt tied up into a large bag of berries.

And damn, did he ever had a good six pack!

Max returned with a small handful of berries, four minnows - maybe from a pond? And some honeysuckle.

The rest all carried berries. Since Max had fished a lot, he made the minnows suitable to eat. We gave them to the other people who could not eat, and preserved the berries in Luke's shirt.

I stupidly forgot that I had my backpack, which had a bag of chips, a box of crackers, gum, chocolate bars, candy and my blankie in it on my back. Yes, my blankie. 

"Okay," I started. "So we will build tipis, and make a fire in the middle - but away so that it does not catch fire. Four people will fit in a tipi. There has to be at least one adult. Choose your groups." In our group, since Tam (Evan and Jena's mom) was sick she stayed with Brandon, her husband and that was all. I slipped two crackers to Shadow before we built our tipi.

We built four other ones and decided we will build a tree fort tomorrow. I lay my blanket over Evan and Jena and made sure Shadow slept with them. I had removed their wet clothing and put two of my oversized shirts on them. Since we had a limited amount of clothing we gave all of ours to the kids.

I yawned, then fell asleep quickly.