Chapter Three: Hello Kitty

So I may not be continuing the song title thing, but I probably will. Today's is Hello Kitty by Avril Lavigne because there is a bit of Hello Kitty in this chapter, with Jena! b:) Let's go!

Chapter Three: Hello Kitty

The sound of birds woke me up, not my alarm. It must be broken, it usually always works.

Then the sound of a baby crying woke me up out of my day dream. "Evan, shh." I picked up the baby, as Jena was still sleeping, and went outside to see it around six. Haley was the only other one up, and she was drawing something in the sand. "Hey." I say, suprising her. "Isn't that Tam's baby?" She asks.  I nod. "Since she's sick, Brandon is taking care of her so I have to take care of Evan and Jena." I explain. "Oh, that explains it." She says.

"Hey, can you feed Evan something? Try some berries - there may be some animals around here so I might get some milk for him. I know Tam had some milk and pablum when we crashed, and there's a couple of suitcases floating in the water." I point to where I had saw the suitcases, only to see them crashed against the shore. "Wait! One of them might be Tam or Brandons!" I exclaim, running over to the suitcase. One was a pink hello kitty one, a simple blue one and the other one was a black one, with the words "Delsey" printed on it.

I opened all of them up, the hello kitty one first, finding a hello kitty blanket - a bit damp, but fluffy and big. There was a Doc McStuffins doll and a bubble guppies play kit. A book about animals and some clothes - around Jena's side was in it. Then there was a sippy cup, the color of hot pink, with little animals all over the clear part.

The blue one included a couple of mens clothing, a bit of womens clothing, and baby bottles with some milk and powder pablum was included - along with a green and blue book about tractors. The other one had a blue blanket and a couple of men's clothing. A near dead iPhone was placed, water damaged with no sound. If you didn't count the five water bottles, that was it.

"Okay, make some milk. Do you have a baby cousin or something?" I ask. Haley shakes her head yes. "Umm, my mom had triplets. One baby girl and two baby boys. They are eight months and we had to leave them with my Aunt Amy and my Uncle Todd, because we didn't want the flight to hurt them or anything... I thought it wouldn't but, knowing my mom." She sighs, wiping a tear from her eye. I sigh sadly. "It will be okay. Just try to forget about it, y'know? She's still with you-" I place a hand on her heart. "But... closer. She's closer to you, closer to your heart." 

Haley gives me a weak smile. I hand her some pablum, baby milk and a bottle of water. "Make it then. I'm gonna go look for animals." She nods her head as I gently place Evan in her hand. "Also, you should probably look for more stuff to start a fire. I have some VERY damp pages from my drawing book that we can use to start another one, but we would need some wood." I agree with her by grinning. "Yeah, we do." 

Quickly, I leave, and pick up a stick on the ground. With other sticks and a rock, I shape it so that the tip is as sharp as a spear. What? I could run into a rabid animal. It will also be useful if we need to kill an animal.

After walking for a while, the only thing I come across is three birds, a squirrel, two rabbits and a cave. Nothing else interests me except for an apple tree. I pick five apples, then head back to the camp and place them on the ground. I empty out my backpack, just to see everybody awake. From now on one adult is in the tipi with the kids, but since there is four where I sleep it is permitted.

To be honest, this is kind of fun, but sad. People died... were stranded... but the survival thing is actually fun.

"Line up for something to eat!" I shout. Everybody starts lining up. In the end, I have one apple left and two granola bars and a canned food. 

Oh no, now it isn't that fun...