Chapter 13

(Grace's pov)

Quill and I board the Milano with Drax, groot, and Gamora. He takes the pilots seat while I take co-pilot's. Once we're all in Yondu gives the announcement, this is gonna be good. Buckle up." I say and quill flies us down. Ronan's ship comes into view "fire!" Yondu orders, and the two larger ravanger ships send a fiery blast at Ronan's ship. He gives the Okay do dive under the ship, Rocket and two other ravangers begin to fire at the outer wall to create a hole in its side. Heavy fire hits the rest of us taking yondu's ship down as he tells us he'll see us when this is all over. The Milano take a hit jerking us around "there are too many of them, Rocket!" Gamora points out "We'll never make it up there!", suddenly Ronan's battle ships are being blown to pieces. "What the..." I question. "Peter quill this is denarian Saab of the nova corps. For the record I advised against trusting you." He says over the comms. "They got my dick message!" Quill exclaims happily, "that was information we could have lived without, Thanks." I say, "Prove me wrong." Saal challenges. Quill revs the engine flying us into Ronan's ship with a bumpy landing, Drax laughing the entire time. We take gun fire as we slide further in, quill spins the ship into a drifting motion and fires at will hitting every one of them. The ship then comes to a halt, "that was awesome." I say as Drax yells "yes!" Making us all laugh.

The ship starts it's decent "shit. We gotta move." I say and we all head out with caution "I can barely see." Drax says stating the obvious "thanks for the update." I respond. Next thing we know a warm light starts to glow. We all turn to see, small alien fireflies coming from groot's arm. "When did you learn to do that?" Drax asks, "pretty sure the answer is 'I am groot'" Quill says, "it's beautiful" I say without realizing. "The flight deck is 300 meters this way." Gamora informs and we all follow her lead. "I want you all to know I am grateful for your acceptance of me after my blunders. It is pleasing to once again have friends." Drax says "quill, grace you are my friends.", "Thanks." We both answer, "this dumb tree, He is my friend. And this green whore, she too-" , "oh, you must stop!" Gamora cuts him off "Seriously dude. You ruined a nice moment." I say.

There's a grunt and a crash as nebula lands in front of us. "Gamora, look at what you have done." She says "oh, great. It's the cyber-Smurf." I say. "You have always been weak." She continues ignoring me, "You stupid, traitorous-", she's cut off by Drax shooting her "no one talks to my friends like that." Drax says. He may have just redeemed himself from his last comment. "Head to the flight deck. I'll shut down the power to the security doors." Gamora says and we part ways with her. We run a bit then turn a corner to come face to face with Ronan's men. "Star-lord" one says "finally!" Quill says as I say "Seriously?". The man picks up quill and throw a him Onto the floor. Drax uses his swords and groot does whatever a pile of walking twinge does. Some men rush me and I figure if there was ever a time to find out if I caused the blue energy it was now. I concentrated as best I could in this situation. It had worked. I began taking down as many of his man as I could. The best part, if I touched them I could see into their minds. I could control them. So I used it to my advantage.