Chapter 15

(Grace's pov)

I lose consciousness for a moment after the ship crashes. I wake up to hear one of quill's old songs playing, I groan in pain as I move but move nonetheless. We're surrounded by groot's branches, the sight make my heart ache. I should have tried harder, I should have reversed my energy better. His death is my fault. "I called him idiot." I hear Rocket say as he picks up a few charred twigs. "I-I'm Sorry." I manage to get out with a strained voice. Ronan walks out from the ashes of his ship, "you killed groot!" Rocket shouts charging Ronan who send him flying with the power of the stone. I manage to catch him just in time before he's slammed into a large chunk of debris. "Behold!" Ronan starts " your guardians of the galaxy. What fruit have they wrought?", Rocket and I then notice the haydron enforcer not far from us.

We nod in agreement ever so slightly and he starts to fix it while Ronan goes off on his big-bad-wolf speech. "Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance.", the others notice What Rocket is up to. We all look at each other and come to a silent agreement on a plan. Distract Ronan until rocket finishes the gun, well more than Ronan is currently distracting himself that is. "People Of xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand.", Ronan raises his staff and begins to speak in his native language. Quill stands and starts to dance while singing to the song that plays in the background. "What are you doing?" Ronan asks "dance off bro. You and me." Quill says and continues to sing. He extends his hand to me "gracie." He says "I-I'm good down here on the rubble actually." I reply "subtle take it back." He says retracting his hand. "What. are. you doing?" Ronan asks again only more agitated. "I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom." Quill answers, Drax then fires the gun hitting the staff where the stone is. Quill reaches for the stone "peter! No!!" I yell and get up to rush over only to be thrown back by a blast of energy as he grasps it. His screams fill my ears as the energy swells around us. I see Gamora grab his hand sharing the power of the stone with him. I force myself over enduring the pain that comes with it and grab his shoulder.

Instantly my body erupts with agonizing pain. I can feel my skin crack, but if it means saving Quill it's worth it. I'm not about to let him die. Soon Drax follows Gamora and I as does Rocket. The pain lessens becoming bearable then vanishes completely. "You are mortal. How?" Ronan asks staring in disbelief. "You said it yourself, bitch. We're the guardians of the galaxy." Quill says opening his palm to release the power of the stone killing Ronan. Gamora then slams the containment orb on the stone sealing it away. We all pant happy that's over. "Well, well, Well. That was quite the light show." Yondu's voice calls. "Just once it would be nice to catch a break." I say as we all turn to Yondu. "Ain't this sweet. But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts." He continues. "Peter, grace, you can't." Gamora pleads. "You gots reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who your selling this to. But the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the nova corps." Quill tries to reason with him. "I may be a pretty as an angel." Yondu says "have you looked in the mirror?" I ask earning a death look for him "but I sure as hell ain't one." He continues showing his aero in a threatening manner.

He extends his hand to quill "hand it over, son.", quill hands him the containment orb earning us both a look of disappointment from Gamora. Yondu smiles then he and the ravangers take there leave. "I'm pretty sure this is common sense but I'm gonna day t anyway. Do not, under any circumstance, open that orb. You've seen it's power, the destruction it's capable of." I say. Yondu and his men then continue back to their ships. We watch them fly off as quill says "He is gonna be so pissed when he realizes I switched out the orb on him." We smile at each other and earn a smile from Gamora. "Did you Seriously think we would just hand it over to him?" I question making her chuckle.

(Quill's pov)

"He was gonna kill you both." Gamora states. "I know. But other than grace here yondu's about the only family I have." I say "he's just a bully. He talks big bu-" Grace cuts herself short when she grabs her head with a his of pain. "You Okay?" We ask "ahh! N-ahh-no." She answers falling to her knees with a scream. "Grace!" I panic and crouch down to her level my anxiety heightened. What's happening? "P-Peter!" She yells her scream laced with desperation for help. "What do I do?" I ask no one specific but no one answers. I go to place a hand on her back in some attempt to at least calm her if anything. She curls into a ball before snapping up with a strait back her head flung back as far as it could go. She screams louder as purple beams of light shoot into the sky from her eyes and her hair turns from dark brown to silver. She falls unconscious to the ground with a thud causing the others to rush over. "Grace!" I panic as I desperately search for any sign of life. "We need to get her to a nova hospital!" Gamora says, with our hesitation I pick grace up and we rush to a medical center.