Chapter 3

~Chapter 3~

I go down to the dinner table. My mom is already there. She smiles at me and I smile back. In my mind I'm thinking, ' Oh crap! How am I gonna ask her now? I can't just ruin her good mood."

Then James comes down and asks mom whether he can go to the movies with his girlfriend. " You have a girlfriend?" I ask with wide eyes. He just smile at me all proud like. I was fuming until Jace comes down and sits next to me. "Hey Jace, do you have any idea who James' new girlfriend is?" I ask.

" Oh yeah, umm, it's this kid that goes to our school called Emma Jennings." She says. My mouth literally dropped and hit the floor. Emma Jennings was hot. And James was, well not.

"Yeah I know right," says Jace with a smirk.

" I can't picture them together, you know? I just cant and I won't ship them." I say firmly

"Umm, James, dear aren't you forgetting something?" I hear my mom ask. Well she took a long time to answer his question considering I was talking to Jace the whole time. But James just shrugs and says " No I don't think so, is there something I should be remembering?"

My mom heaves a sigh and says, " You're supposed to fix your sister's computer, remember?"

"Ohhhh, right," he says nodding. My mom nods as well. "Well I can't," James says.

"Wait what?" I yell. "You promised that you would! Now how am I supposed to use Twitter and YouTube?"

"Well just use your phone!" He yells back.

"You know how battery-consuming that is!" It was starting to sound like a shouting competition.

"All right! Enough already!" My mom yells. "Jade, let your brother be, he's older."

"Yeah, by 5 minutes!" I yell.

"Young lady, I will not have you speak to me in that kind of tone." mom replies calmly.

"Well I don't want James to always get what he wants, solely because he's older. I mean, what kind of person does that?" I yell back. I then run upstairs, take my phone and headphones, grab a jacket, and run out the door.

I go on Twitter as I walk down the street to the nearest train station. I didn't know where exactly I was gonna go, so I might as well go in a circle and come back to where I started. On the train I put on some music and go on twitter and envy people's ability to make awesome edits. 10 minutes later, I receive a text from Jace asking where I was. I told her I was in the train and that I'd be back in, at most, an hour. Then under Jace's text I see my second most recent chat was with Taylor. 'That reminds me, I have to update her on the house thing.' I thought to myself. So I decide to call her.

The phone rings a few times. In that time, the phone of the person sitting next to me starts ringing. Then Taylor finally picks up and I say, " Hey Taylor." The person next to me says into her phone," Hey Jade." We face each other, and I ask "You're Taylor?" At exactly the same moment, Taylor says," You're Jade?"