Fight for Life

My name is Rickie. I am 11 turning 12 and this is me, obiously, telling the story of my murder.

It was the year of 1983, my parents were out, I was alone with my sister. Her name... Ally. My family lives in this cute and elegant little house- my mom likes to call it her castle-. The insides are engraved with majestic Roman godesses, each representing love, friendship, strength, bravery and family. My mom is a lawyer. Her name is Rose. She believes in spirits and heaven. My dad is a architect and his name Andy.  So, ya, basically, I was babysitting my sister and around 9:30 pm i put her to sleep, since she is only 5 years old. I turned off the lights to the whole house and went downstairs to our living room - which holds the largest TV in the house. I switched the TV channel from my sisters show ,Barney, to CNN news report and a murder of a little 11 year old girl came about. I became more interested in the topic. The news reporter stated, "Days ago, there was a murder of little 11 year old Charlie. She lives in the village of Beverly Wood in a house  on 2300 Beauty Drive, Beverly Wood 13490. Suspects say she stayed in the house at 10:00 and hours later she was found dead upon the river bank across her house. Her parents, Amy and John are worried for their family and others and hopeful the murderer will soon be caught and imprisoned. Parents and children listening to this around the world, please, for the sake of life, safety and family, keep your doors locked and windows shut. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LITTLE 11 YEAR OLD ALONE! Back to you Richard."

My heart was pounding and my heart was shaking. I was too scared to go near a window or a door although nearly all the windows were open. It was summer and the air conditioning was no longer working so I had to open all the windows. My hands were shaking. I whispered, "I live in Beverly Wood, at 2322 Beauty Drive, Beverly Wood 13490. There is a murderer next to me. My best friend's name is Charlie and we are both 11 years old." I was listening those slow and frightening words, watching my lips move with fear and hearing it in my head; I got the chills and started to cry. It is already 10:00 pm. I started to think, what if the murderer is watching me? I ran upstairs near my sister, whom is already sound asleep, and began to cry my eyes out of pain and fear. I wanted my mommy and daddy. Minutes later, tired from the long and dreadful night, I fell asleep.