New Neighbor

Today, Charlie's parents came to inform us that Charlie's funeral will be held at the Beverly Church near our house. The funeral will be taken place in 3 days and they were hopeful for our presence at their daughter's funeral; especially considering I am her best friend. 

I can't stand to believe that my one and only friend is in a place far above... in heaven. When I was younger, my parents told me heaven is a beautiful place one goes when they die but only if they are good during their lifetime. They told me, they hoped I would not have to experience death any time soon and I will have a full, long, healthy and happy life with my family and friends. 

Days passed, the murderer is still not caught, but a new neighbor moved in 3 doors down. It was a lonesome man. He has no family and no friends. My family decided to go and introduce ourselves to the neighbor. My mom made him cupcakes and my dad decided to give our neighbor his business card- of course. My sister made him a Welcome to Beverly Wood card and I helped my mom decorate the cupcakes. 

We decide to walk as a way of exercise and money saving method on gasoline. As we were walking, we saw Charlie's parents and told them we are going to welcome our new neighbor. Charlie's parents informed us that the man next door has an unusual way of living. We keep walking and as we reach the door bell, the man opens the door and welcomes us to his new home.  He says, "Hi! I am the new neighbor. My name is Tommy. Welcome to my house! Would you like to come in?" He looked very suspicious and worry-some. I did not like the way he was talking. He sounded... FAKE. His eyes were red and tired. His hands were shaking and were cold-dry. 

My mom replied to him by stating, "Hi Tommy. My name is Rose. This is my husband. His name, Andy. My daughters Ricky and Ally. Ricky is 11 and Ally is 5. We made you cupcakes and some welcome to our neighborhood treats. You have a beautiful home."

Tommy, our neighbor, stated, "Hi Ricky, Ally, Rose and Andy. Thank you for that wonderful comment. I am trying to keep it on it's feet. Would you like to come in? It is quite a mess but capable for guests." Tommy was giving me a stare and I was quite afraid of him. I felt unsafe near him. 

My father replied, "Thank you. That is a kind gesture but we will have to leave now. My daughter, Ricky, has piano practice soon, but again TH..."

Tommy interrupted him, "No. Oh please. I do not have any family or friends. It would be nice to meet some new people. Please make yourselves at home." Tommy pushed us all into his home. It was big but very dirty. Boxes are stacked every where and furniture are placed in very random areas. 

Tommy put Ally and I near his boxes. He took my parents to his kitchen and served them tea and my mother's cupcakes. I decided to look through his boxes. In one of the boxes, I saw an engraved tree branch with the name John. There were many items located in his boxes with the name John. I started to get suspicious because as I recall, he called himself Tommy but the names in the boxes are John. I took my camera out and started to take pictures of the items in the boxes and in another one was the picture of my best friend, Charlie.  I dug in through the same box and found many pictures of Charlie. Some of Charlie's house, Charlie sleeping, Charlie reading, Charlie biking, Charlie playing in the park, as if he was STALKING her. I saw a map with Charlie's adventures all over it. It looks pinned and as if he knew exactly what Charlie was doing at the exact time of day. My suspicions and fears were starting to arouse. I ran to my parents and told them I wanted to leave. The neighbor was staring at me, they way no body should. I started to be really truly afraid of this man. I did not know what he wanted and why but I wanted OUT.