Chapter 19: Third Round

This chapter will just kick off right after the second round of the Sports Festival so we're entering the third round where there are only four competitors! Y/n has made it pretty far after all huh? Enjoy!

Tamaki, Nejire, and Mirio left to watch the last battle of the second round amd to find out who you were going to be up against. Your left leg had to stay bandaged but it didn't hurt as much as it did an hour ago.

Despite Recovery Girl's protests you were up on your feet, trying to put gentle pressure on your leg. You paced around the small office, already antsy about your next fight. If you won this round despite your injury that would guarantee some pro heroes who would want you for an internship.

There were hopefully already pros who were interested in you, but there was never a guarantee, especially after what you pulled the last round.

They might think I'm too reckless, you thought still pacing around slowly. Your chances of winning this round were slim but not totally impossible. However, if you got any more injured you might not even be able to move on to the last match.

"Y/n." Recovery Girl's firm voice interrupted your thoughts. She cocked her head to the side and pressed her lips together in a tight sort of smile. "It's time for your match to start. You...you don't have to fight though, you can always forfeit the match. For your health's sake."

You chuckled lowly and tried your best to smile at her. "I've come to far...a real pro would never back down because of some minor injuries."

"Your injuries aren't exactly minor though." She retorted.

"I just know that if I forfeit now I'll always regret that. So I won't." You said, your voice firm and unyielding. She sighed and wheeled over to the door.

"Well then I'll make sure to cheer you on y/n. I know you'll be quite a stubborn pro hero one day!"

"Thanks."

...

One foot in front of the other. Careful steps. You gritted your teeth, trying to ignore the pain in your leg as best as you could. You didn't remember the hallway to the arena entance being so long!

The muffled roaring of the crowd above you made you even more anxious. But this had been your choice and you were going to go through with it no matter what!

You stepped into the arena and the crowd went wild.

"SHE SCARED ALL OF US LAST ROUND LADIES AND GENTS! Y/N L/N FROM CLASS 1-B!!"

You gave the audience a shy wave, still not used to seeing yourself projected onto the huge t.v. screen in the stadium. It was too surreal.

"VERSUS...THE EVER SO COOL KENTA KONTO FROM CLASS 1-A!!"

You forced a smile, practically falling down flat on your face. Recovery Girl should've warned you about...no...you wouldn't have forfeited even if you knew you were going to face him ahead of time.

He piggybacked on our strategy for the mock battle...he hurt Nejire...his team eliminated Mirio...I'm gonna beat him to a bloody pulp!!

While your violent thoughts raged through your mind, Kenta looked so unfazed by it all. He practically looked bored. "Hey, your injuries are pretty bad right?" he asked.

"Screw you." you snarled, your vision clouding over in anger. "I'm going to make you wish I had forfeited!"

"Oh yeah? I'm sure that'll happen." Kenta said, rolling his icy eyes for emphasis. It took every ounce of strength you had to hold yourself back from just running and punching his lights out. You lowered your body and waited for Present Mic to say the signal.