Chapter 22 : Wild Child.

Lucas

I closed the door behind Reyes as he walked across the street to a blue Audi convertible. I didn't know Reyes was that rich.

There was someone in the driver's seat but I couldn't make out who it was. Reyes had a limited number of friends in town.
He horsed around with everybody on both his teams but I wouldn't call anyone particularly close to him, he liked to keep his distance. 

My mind drifted to the beginning of the year when Reyes came to town for the first time.

He was a great addition to the polo team, ever since he had come the team hadn't lost a match. He was the ideal sportsperson. 

No girlfriend; never late to practice; not much partying except victory parties; no drug issues as far as I'd heard; no distractions.
And when a spot opened up on the football team and coach wanted him, everything worked out.

Except when I saw him with Kea at my party. I didn't know they both had anything going. Kea thought Jocks were assholes, she had also sworn off everybody in high school. Yet, she was with him the entire night, or rather he was tailing her the entire time they were there. They even left together. I didn't mind it then, I was even happy for Kea that she was finally opening up to somebody. But I needed to make sure Reyes wasn't a player after everything Kea had gone through, she would wreck her if she fell for Reyes and he turned out to be a dick.

Plus I didn't know much about the guy except how he was on the field... So I did some research about his life in New York, which wasn't that hard to dig up- like at all. He was the only son to one of the richest guys in New York. His father owned a couple of buildings and not the small sad kind but the huge 50-floor glassy kinds. The ones that made you think twice about your appearance before stepping in.

But Reyes Wilder wasn't known for his daddy, nope. He was known for his own shit. The guy had his very own fan page.

There were pages about him and his father but not a lot about his mother; birth mother. Only that she had passed away last spring and there was a lowkey funeral in the Hamptons. There was no name just a lot of pictures. The no-name thing was weird since she was the face of the company for many years, but it was like, suddenly after her death her identity on the internet was erased. The cause of death was also unknown. I was sure that I could find out more about his mother because nothing once put on the internet is truly gone but that wasn't what I was searching for.
I read further into Reyes, now there was a lot about his father 'Raymond Col Wilder'. He had recently remarried. She was young Anchor named 'Cecile' that was a total babe and only a couple of years older than Reyes, talk about messed up.

Reyes was in a lot of private school articles before his mother's death about his schools Polo team Captaincy, leading to victory, Champion prodigy. He was good in school but something happened a few months before his mom died because he fell off the grid. Not a word or a single picture of him. He resurfaced again right after his moms funeral.
This time it was a total 180 flip.
Thrown out of school for getting his entire class and faculty high on pot brownies, drunk at places; parties; clubs. Speculations of him getting arrested several times, though there was no proof. Trashy magazines loved to gossip but there were articles in reputable outlets that talked about why he was being arrested but then by the end of the article he was respectfully deemed as innocent.
The power of money.

There were articles such as;

Reyes Wilder, son of CEO of  Esmod.Inc, Raymond Wilder, was seen being taken to the downtown police station after what looked like a drunken brawl outside a club called 'Dip'......................................................................................................................................... ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ the young teenager was seen surrounded by a crowd as they fought and tackled Reyes to the ground, he was later seen leaving the hospital. No charges were filed.