"Summer Day:Courtship Behavior"

.

.

.

Shu and Inori along with the members of the A/V Club, Hare, Souta and Kanon visit a beach resort at Oshima. In reality, the retreat is a cover for Funeral Parlor's next operation which would require the use of Souta's Void. After having some fun on the beach with the others, Shu pays a visit to his father, Dr. Kurosu Ouma's grave. Gai shows up and explains to Shu that his father was the leading expert on the Apocalypse Virus before his untimely death amidst the Lost Christmasincident. Afterwards, Gai explains their next mission to him, that they are to break into a covert GHQ base disguised as a shrine. Gai then suggests that Shu make use of Souta's feelings for Inori in order to draw out his Void much to Shu's dislike. Later that night, Souta is alone with Inori on the beach's sidewalk and just as he is about to confess to her, Shu rushes in and draws out Souta's Void along with a statement about his relationship with Inori which embarrasses him in front of the other Funeral Parlor members hidden around the area. Though premature, Gai commences the operation. Unbeknownst to them, Shuichiro Keido had already infiltrated the facility using Kurosu's access card. As Gai, Inori and Shu enter the facility using Souta's Void, a camera that unlocks things, they find that they were too late and discover that the item Gai wanted had already been stolen. Shuichiro then stands before Kurosu's grave holding the item, a canister containing the origin of the Apocalypse Virus: a meteor fragment and saying that he won't be stopped. The next morning, Shu and Souta make amends to their friendship due to their inability of understanding each other. Finally, as everyone leaves Oshima, Inori explains to Shu how people's Voids change based on his relationship with them.