Chapter 3: Part-time job

Three weeks later...at Thursday afternoon...

At a coffee shop called '平和のコーヒー', which means Peace Coffee.
And that's the place where Kuroko Tetsuya works...

"Good afternoon ma'am. What would you like to order?" Kuroko asked.

"Oh...I would like a green tea and also with butter cookies." the old lady replied.

"Alright I'll be back in a minute."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here's your order ma'am. Enjoy it."

"Thank you, young man

"Thank you, young man." the old lady smiled at the waiter.

"Kuroko-kun! Come here!" his co-worker said.

"Please excuse me." Kuroko said.

"Ok serve this at table 9, 6 and 3. Then go help Sasaki-san cooking." Izumi Yuusei, his co-worker, said.

"Understood."

After serving two iced coffee at table 9, then one blueberry and one lemon hot tea with two fruit roll cakes at table 6 and finally one hot cocoa at table 3; Kuroko went to the kitchen to bake some muffins and cookies.

(Since he and Shige are really really good at cooking.)

Kuroko's POV

Finally I have found a part-time job. It was easy than I thought.
Last week Sasaki-san came to visited yo check up how I am cause she was my grandma's caretaker and now that grandma is gone, she became my caretaker. She was like a third mother to me, while the second one is Ogiwara Rumi-san and she is Shige's mother.

At last Friday afternoon, after school, Sasaki-san came to my house with her daughter, Nami.

~Flashback~

Third person's POV

Last Friday afternoon...

*knock knock!!*

"Hai?....Sasaki-san! Nami-chan! It's been a while. Please come inside!"

"Arigatou Tetsuya-kun."

"Arigatou Tetsu-oniichan!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the living room...
Kuroko brought them a green tea and a fresh orange juice with cookies for Nami; and both of them thanked him.

"So what's bring you here?" Kuroko started a conversation.

"Well we're here cause I have something for you. But first let me ask you, did they approved you to have a part-time job?" she asked.

"Hai Sasaki-san."

"Good! Cause...well...you know that I work in a coffee shop right?"

"Yes..it takes 6 minutes to walk from here."

"Exactly. Well we need another waiter, also someone who knows how to cook..and since you're really good at cooking...well Tetsuya-kun, would you like to be a waiter for your part-time job?"

"Oh yes! Very yes Sasaki-san!" Kuroko said with a happy smile. "And do they pay well?" he asked.

"Of course. I already talked about you with the manager and he said if you want to accept the job he will pay you 1000 yen per hour." she smiled.

"Ok Sasaki-san. I'll gladly accept the job." Kuroko said.

"Good tomorrow, after lunch we're going to the coffee shop and you will do the job interview." she explained.

"Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Saturday afternoon...

At Peace Coffee shop at the manager's office. Kuroko did the job interview and he became a waiter. After that Takahashi introduce all the members of the coffee shop.

Then he, first, did a test.

But he was not alone to do it.
There was his old classmate and friend from Jr High, Sakurai Ryou.

First he cooked some food, then all of them were amazed at his cooking skills, they, first, tasted a butter cookie and it was soo good that it was like made by a master chef.

After that he and Sakurai prepared coffee and it was also delicious.

Finally they had a part-time job and the manager said they only have to work at leat 2 hours and a half and if they had a test or something important for school, they can be allowed to not go to work, but they need to inform him first.

Then at his first day of work, it went absolute well for Kuroko and he earned some money then he payed Shige for the lunch that they bought at their first day of school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So how's the job?" Shige asked.

"It's nice. Everyone is nice and they pay me well." Kuroko said. "Ah! And here's your money. Thanks for the lunch at our first day." then he gave 2000 yen to Shige.

"Thanks man!" Ogiwara said.

~Flashback ends~

"Kuroko! Serve this black coffee and this coffee expresso at table 12!" Nishiki said.

"Hai!"

"Sakurai! You serve this at table 4!"

"H-hai!"