Prolouge

"It has been one of the greatest and most difficult years of my life. I learned everything is temporary. moments. feelings. people. flowers. I learned love is about giving. Everything. and letting it hurt. I learned vulnerability is always the right choice because it is easy to be cold in a world that makes it very difficult to remain soft. I learned all things come in twos. Life and death. pain and joy. salt and sugar. me and you. it is the balance of the universe. it has been the year of hurting so bad but living so good. making friends out of strangers. making strangers out of friends. learning mint chocolate chip ice cream will fix just about everything. and for the pains it can't fix there will always be my mothers arms. we must learn to focus on warm energy. always, soak our limbs in it and become better lovers to the world. for if we can't learn to be kind to each other how will we ever learn to be kind to the most desperate parts of ourselves."

-Rupi Kaur (The Sun and Her Flowers)

PSA: The only correlation between the 100 series and this book is Bellamy's name and the nickname he gives his love interest. There is nothing at all that relates this book to the 100 series, its set in completely different times and the theme of the book is different, the on relation is Bellamy because I liked his name and Bob Morley (who plays Bellamy in the 100)