Anger issues

After school was finished I had to particularly sprint out of there to get to the gym on time. I entered the doors of the massive building with only 2 minutes to spare and I smile in triumph, bending over slightly, trying to catch my breath, Jesus I really need to run more.

"If you don't hurry, he's only going to make the workout worse for you." I look over at the front desk and see Asher sitting behind it. Asher was the owner of this gym and a really strong father figure in my my life, as well as my trainer Julien. Everyone at this gym was like family to me, as I am to them. I flip him off before standing up straight, finally having regained my breath.

Julien appears in the main foyer and dramatically gasps, placing a hand over his heart and leaning on the counter Asher was sitting behind.

"She isn't late for once! Aleluya! Señor, ¿qué hemos hecho para merecer esto?" Julien breaks out into laughter with Asher and I roll my eyes at the both of them.

hallelujah! Lord what have we done to deserve this?

"Pendejos" I say under my breath.

assholes

"Go get changed, I have quite the session planned for you today." I groan when those words leave his mouth and I leave them in the main entrance to head to the changing rooms. As I am walking across the gym I see on the upper floor, a group of people doing a fitness class together and on the ground floor where a lot of the boxing happens, a trainer was with his client at a punching bag. I recognise the trainer as Vixen, a retired MMA fighter turned teacher who I became quite close to when i first came to the gym. I've spent the 8 Christmas's with him and his family as he used to be really close with my father and I occasionally babysit their twin son and daughter who I adore. He looks at me as I walk across the gym and gives me a big smile which I return.

Once I am in the change rooms I walk into one of the stalls and begin to strip down once I have locked the door. As I am pulling down my jeans which I wore to school, I am faced with my reflection in the mirror on the back of the door. Not a very pleasent sight.

My legs looked rough.

Scars covered the surface area of the space above my knees and inner thighs and I cringe when I see them. I quickly pull my tights up my legs and do my best to ignore the mirror as I continue to change.

 As I am tying my hair up into a ponytail I begin to recall today's events and a small surge of anger runs through me causing me to frown, Kane get's me so angry and It made me angry that he could get to me like that, even though I would never let him see how he got to me.

I was getting worked up to easily, I knew why, I just couldn't bring myself to admit it. 

Julien works me hard today, harder than usual, pushing me to my breaking point physically and mentally. He challenges me daily, but today was different, he was different for some reason, this training session in general was different and I felt as though he could sense my negative emotions.
And I was proven right when he suddenly spoke up after a 45 minutes of silence, which is normal during these sessions, we never talk unless he is asking me to perform a certain action.

"Alright that's enough, get in the ring." I stop punching the bag I was beating and I turned to face him.

"What?"

"The ring. Get into it." I raise an eyebrow at him, challenging him almost.

I jump up and pull myself through the barrier and I stand against the barrier.

"Your head is somewhere else today, I don't know where but it's not here. therefore, you are going to fight me."